Hidey bag for stoller

Lorianne2004

Earning My Ears
Trying to find a bag about the dimensions of my stoller basket to keep jackets, shoes, fans etc hidden away and less tempting for sticky fingers in the stoller lots. Not like a backpack that's tempting in and of itself, but like a no-handle plastic storage bag (my first thought was a black underbed blanket bag, but I couldn't find one with a zipper placement I thought would be convenient).

Not finding a lot of great options, so curious if anyone else had thought of this and found a great option (or had other ideas for keeping items in the stoller basket discreet).

Honestly, I've never used anything to hide things. We used a reusable shopping bag to throw things in under the stroller basket so that we could just grab that bag when we went to fold the stroller up.

I use a bike lock through the strap of a backpack on the stroller. I use it as less of a theft deterrent and more as a deterrent for myself because it's harder for me to set it down somewhere and walk off with it when there's that extra step involved, but it does also prevent people from being able to just swipe the bag and walk off.

As a note for anyone who may try this: do NOT use the bike lock to lock your stroller to anything in the parks. CM's can and will cut the lock if they need to move the strollers in parking areas, which they do have to do frequently.

Just use a really disgusting backpack. You want something you can remove from the stroller quickly for getting on and off transportation.

We are out of the stroller years but we'd take our valuables with us and just leave the extra stuff like the drink cups, snacks, a few odds/ends in the basket, sometimes toss a jacket over it or just left it. Nobody messed with any of our things. I suppose anyone, anywhere can have things stolen but as long as you're not leaving your purse/wallet/phone in your stroller unattended, chances are your items will be safe when you're away from the stroller. I used the bag that tied to the handles, it clipped on and held my phone and other things and was universal from my snap and go to the bigger stroller but it's small.

I have tried several bags in our strollers over the years, and also once tried locking my bag to the stroller as suggested above. Most of these proved to be a bigger hassle than they were worth, either by being difficult to access during the day or causing us to spend extra time going through security and repacking the stroller afterward.

I find it easiest to stow a backpack with extra clothes, etc in the basket, that way it’s easier to carry to the bathroom if needed. An odd bag will be difficult to transport or you will need to pull it out and unpack it. We keep a mesh bag strapped on the side of the stroller (one designed for strollers) for snacks or extra cups. Any valuables are in our packs, belt bags, or small backpacks we carry with us.

Depending on the shape and depth of your stroller basket, something like a large packing cube could work. Most have a handle so you can carry it to the bathroom or through security; most bags are rectangular with a handle on the long side, you would probably have to position it with the handle facing the inner sides of your basket which would also keep the handle out of sight.

Has anybody had a bad experience in the Disney World parks where something was stolen out of your stroller? Trying to get a sense of just how protective we might have to be leaving seemingly non-valuables but semi valuable like sunglasses in the stroller while on rides.

There are been several articles about people stealing from strollers or stealing strollers. I would do a quick google search if you want to see the articles. Personally my husband and I are always amazed by what people leave in strollers and assume it will be fine.

I took a risk during this trip and left ponchos, a bag with two pairs of water sandals, and the stroller rain cover in the storage of our City Mini GT2 rental stroller. We got lucky and did not have any problems, but in the future, I probably won't leave the sandals in there.

Has anybody had a bad experience in the Disney World parks where something was stolen out of your stroller? Trying to get a sense of just how protective we might have to be leaving seemingly non-valuables but semi valuable like sunglasses in the stroller while on rides.
The people on here are a very small percentage of Disney guests and likely the most educated on keeping things safe (we never left things in our strollers). I am sure there are plenty of things taken, we just don't hear about it on these boards.

I have seen numerous times security writing up reports of guests having the bags stolen out of their strollers and even someone having their wallet stolen out of their bag while hanging on their arm in line for food. Poor girl lost her passport too.

We hear a story now and again that there are local AP holders that come to the parks just to steal bags, strollers etc. Leaving your things unattended is a risk one just has to balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter