Hidden Mickey for Haiti REVEALED!!! - $2035 raised.

Thanks BellesMom72 for doing your part!

We are getting closer and closer to reaching the fundraising goal of Hidden Mickey for Haiti. More importantly, we have already generated a significant amount of money to fuel the "helping machines" that are rescuing people, reuniting families, providing emergency surgery, and in other ways reducing immense suffering of those currently experiencing hell on Earth.

Kudos to all the folks who are helping!

BellesMom72 said:
Hello,

I donated $10 to the red cross. Please send me the link!

Great idea! I just donated $50 to Dr.s without borders - the Canadian government will match that, so that's $100 for Haiti!

Slippy, I made a donation to the ARC for Haiti on Friday. Just $15, but I'm sure it will help a little.

Hi Slippy,

You left the charity to which I donated off your list: Compassion International. No big deal - just FYI. Keep up the good work! :)

Angie

Fixed!

Now can someone please tell me why I can't see any of the recent posts to this thread? They just AREN'T THERE in "Display Mode" set as "Linear." I have to change it to threaded or hybrid! What the heck is that all about? :)

I don't know why you can't see the other posts, but I wanted to point out, if you want to change your thread title to reflect how much money has been donated, in your first post of the thread, click on EDIT, then GO ADVANCED. You will then see the box to change/edit your thread title. :)

Imzadi, I had no idea! I just did that; thank you.

--------------

:cheer2: We are 3/4 of the way to the goal! :cheer2:

Won't YOU join in, and lend us a hand?

I donated $10 to the Red Cross via the 90999 text. I also donated through FarmVille which I think worked out to $5. I also submitted our info. to the Pierre Pan web site, just in case they do end up having to bring orphans to the U.S.
I'll be doing more, I just haven't decided which avenue it will take. :-)

So cool you are doing this!!

Let's keep this thread alive so that we can reach the goal.

ANYONE reading this can certainly help us out! For as little as a DOLLAR, you can help those suffering in Haiti (and get the details on the Hidden Mickey created as a benefit!)

Slippy -

I just donated $200 to the American Red Cross through my work, who will match the donation, for a total of $400.

Good luck on meeting the goal!

Please note that we are trying to inspire people to donate to Haiti relief efforts who haven't previously, or inspire folks to dig a bit deeper and give again, even if it is only a dollar.

The goal is for these new donations. You are more than welcome to vopice your support in this thread, and speak of your past donations, but please, for my own progress tracking, only let me know about RECENT donations made BECAUSE of the Hidden Mickey for Haiti project.

Here is an email exchange with a donor whose contribution time was unknown:
donor said:
Slippy said:
Hi there!

I was wondering if I could get a little clarification - was your donation before or after seeing the Hidden Mickey for Haiti thread?

You see, I am trying to track progress toward the goal of raising more money than otherwise would have been raised.

Please let me know. It is great that you are supporting them either way, of course!

Thanks,

Slippy

It was just this morning, after reading your thread. This was my second donation. Your thread made me want to go ahead and donate again!

I want to thank you for the time and energy you are giving for all the people needing the help.

Now, with that being clear, let's blow this goal out of the water! :yay:

WOOHOOOO!!!!

Just came by to see the total! We did it! Awesome! Keep spreading the word!

Thanks again, Slippy!

I think I'm not understanding the purpose.

I gave to 2 charities for Haiti long before this thread because I wanted to & felt compelled to do so.

So this thread is getting people to donate that hadn't already felt the need to do so just so they can see a Hidden Mickey and put an icon in their signatures?

That's all very nice, but I don't need my name on a list or an icon to be proud that I donated. And I don't need to donate to see the Hidden Mickey. I donated to help the people in Haiti.

Please tell me what I'm missing. :confused3

The way I read it is this is just a way to raise more money for Haiti...nothing more than that. And while the OP was at WDW he chatted to a cm who then created a special hidden mickey for the cause. If you don't want to contribute by all means don't...no big deal. I did it because I wanted to and then I got the extra bonus of seeing the hidden mickey.

<edited for brevity> So this thread is getting people to donate that hadn't already felt the need to do so just so they can see a Hidden Mickey and put an icon in their signatures? Please tell me what I'm missing. :confused3

No, not really. Most of the folks who donated as a result of this donated before. I think that they are simply digging a little deeper in a "what they hay" spirit. C'mon, this is something of a fun novelty that is actually producing very real and very positive results. $1,000 toward relief is significant.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the FIRST donation of any sort by some of the people here. Maybe this little thing was what it took to get them over that first hurdle.

There is no doubt in my mind that the least motivating factors of this are getting your name on a list or seeing pictures of a hidden mickey. Again, silly though it may all be, it is bringing attention to Haiti, generating money to ease their suffering, getting the community together a little bit over here, and hopefully serving as a small inspiration to someone out there who will see that they can do something to make a positive difference, no matter how small or how grand it may be.

Somebody has to do something, right?

I hope this helps you to understand the concept a little better. And, if you'd like, you are welcome to join us.

Thanks for asking,

Slippy

I thought of this thread as a way to raise money for a very worthy cause while having a bit of fun. OP (Slippy) is, in my opinion, very compassionate and creative!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter