Hi, I'm new!

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
Hi,

My name is Mary and I'm a regular at the Flower & Garden board. I'm starting Atkins tomorrow! :Pinkbounc I'm 5'3" and need to lose 20-25lbs. I'm tired of my clothes not fitting, being tired all the time and being cranky with my dh & kids because I'm not happy with me! Anyway, I've done the research, bought the food and am very ready to succeed. I know I'm going to need support so I wanted to post a hello before I start. WISH me luck!

MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You aren't "new" to me (but you aren't "old" either!) WELCOME TO WISH!!! Do you know I have you to blame for my new obsession (Hawaii, at least it's not food anymore!) ;)

Good luck to you! I'm sure you will enjoy Atkins! MANY WISHers here are having great success with it. Read the boards often and you will see all sorts of mouth watering Atkins tips!!!

Oh, you don't know how happy I am to see you here! I haven't been on the F&G board much lately, just so many posts here to keep up with (and I can live with the weeds as long as I am getting healthier, ha ha ha!)

YIPPEE!!!!!!!! I think I burned a few calories just being excited to see you! You can do this!!! We are all here for you!

Hi Mary!

Welcome! I've been an off-and-on WISH poster, but as of Monday, I have committed to being a regular WISHer. I can already tell what a great, supportive community the WISHers are, and I know that I will succeed if I just keep checking in here.

Best wishes to you!

P.S. TigH, if I'm understanding your post correctly, I live in your new obsession! (Hawaii, that is!) Have lived here all my life. I'd be happy to talk about Hawaii if you're looking for info!

Welcome Mary...I am doing Atkins also. Good luck with induction. It does get difficult at times...but just stick around here and we will coach you through it!! I am about the same height as you...with the same amout to lose. If you get stuck...feel free to PM me...I will help ya wherever I can

Tracy

Thanks for the welcome! I am really really looking forward to being a loser!

TigH, you should check out the F&G board. Lot's and lot's of pictures lately. Everything is blooming and looks beautiful. HAWAII!!!! I'm completely obsessed with it too. I think about our trip all the time. I can't wait to go back.

LuvTigger, my dh & I visited Maui for the first time this past March to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. We had the best time. What an incredible place! :sunny:

Hi Mary!

Nice to meet you! I am Lisajl...Lisa. I am currently going to Curves and trying to watch what I eat with weight watchers.

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss!!!!

Lisa

:Pinkbounc

Oh, LuvTigger, you may be in trouble now! ;) We are planning a 2005 trip. DH's parents found out we were planning to go and they are going to GIVE US a one week timeshare, we just have to name the island and the date! So that saves us a week and we are going to do some deal shopping for the second week. So far thinking a night on the big island, then a week in Maui, then not so sure... would TOTALLY appreciate your recommendations. I am into flora and fauna, we will probably both be looking forward to some hiking and foot touring, may rent a jeep or something to explore, and we would love to snorkel! Hee hee! This all fits in with our new healthy way of life too, it will really be an exercising vacation. ;) Except the luau part, that's just plain eatin'!!! Oh, and maybe a few days on the links if I am a golfer by then, but DH will surely be golfing at least 3 times! ;)

Hi, <b>marydmjj</b>! Welcome to WISH. I'm so glad you have decided to join us. I follow the Atkins way of eating, too and I'm glad that you will be part of my support group now.

Will you do me a favor and post to our WISH challenge thread too? That just makes you an "official" WISHer. I use that as a guide for keeping our member roster up to date and if you post there I won't leave you off the list (I hope ;) ). The WISH challenge post is right <b>HERE</b>.

The best part of WISH is our terrific support group which is made up of men and women who follow just about every eating plan devised. We all share a common goal and face common challenges and that is what makes the group so helpful and special. So, whether you have a question about the Atkins plan, or need a recipe, need comfort or a smile, we are always here and ready to help. We can talk you down from that carbohydrate ledge and we can talk you into working out (most times ;) ). We know exactly how difficult it is to lose weight, whether it is 10 pounds or 100 pounds because we are all trying to do the same thing. We know how tempting off plan foods are because we have the same temptations. We know how easy it is to say we will do our workout "tomorrow" because we've done the same thing. We know how exhilarating it is to see the scale showing a smaller number because we love to celebrate our success too. Everyone of us has a lot in common with you.

I hope you can visit us often and participate regularly, it is helpful for all of us for you to participate in WISH. You're going to do great, too, I'm sure of it. You are going to reach your goal. We are all going to help you :)

Katholyn

Hi Mary!

I'm Jennifer and I'm a 5'3" little Mom who has 20-25 lbs to lose too. You sure came to the right place to do it! These folks are so wonderfully encouraging and supportive. I just joined last week - maybe we can be big losers together!:D

Welcome to WISH!

Hiya Mary -

Welcome to Wish, you are going to have a fab time on this board and very soon you will be a shadow of your former self.

All the best of luck!!!!

Welcome Mary!

Wow, a new WISHer that loves the things I love! Hawaii and gardening! I have been obsessed with both for years. Anybody want to come out and see my daylilies (400+ varieties) this year?

Mary, we are so happy to have you with us. I'm another Atkins loser (albeit a charter member of the Slow Losers Club). I love eating this way (well, not this week - but that's another story) and so does my husband. If you can get your DH or a close friend to join you in this you will find it really helps keep you going.

So good to have you here.

Karyn

Hi Mary :wave: Welcome to WISH! It's always great to have a new Loser around!! I know you will love it here. I don't know what I'd do without the support and encouragement I get from the wonderful people on this board!

:wave: Hi Mary!!! Hmmm, your story sounds a lot like mine! I was a grouchy grouch to my family, I hated mirrors, I just didn't like the way I felt about myself.

I am now six weeks into Atkins and althogh I have lost only 5lbs, I feel a lot better. My DH has noticed it in my moods & the way I look.

We are here to support. Please feel free to ask questions & you are welcome to PM me if you need anything!!!

Welcome!! I began Atkins on 6/6 and have now lost 16 pounds!! Just remember that you might experience some carb withdrawal in the first few days but hang in there with it and you will do great!!

Hey Mary!:wave: Glad you have joined us on the WISH Board!! You will find lots of support and encouragement here!! :):)

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes and encouragement. I'm SO GLAD I accepted the challenge!

Day 1 down and I feel o.k. I have a pretty good caffeine headache and feel completely exhausted. I've been craving everything sweet today but haven't given in. I did drink all of my water and stayed within my 20 carb limit.

Thanks again for the welcomes and support. I really really appreciate it.

You may begin to notice some withdrawal symptoms today. I hope not but if you do try to use Ibuprophen for the headache and drink as much water as you possibly can. The water will help you flush the toxins out of your system and your withdrawal will not last as long.

Good luck today. Remember, even if you feel a little yucky, the unpleasant symptoms will pass soon and you will feel better after they do. Better than you have felt in a long time. Hang in there. We're here if you need us.

Katholyn

Hi Mary!!

Congrats on the new challenge! I've been doing Atkins since May 24 and I feel excellent! The first three days can be trying...but my advice would be to mix it up!!!! Make sure to try different kinds of veggies on your induction okay foods list. And listen to the wise sages of the WISH board! They have been so wonderful and supportive!

We're all here for us!
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter