HI from Upstate NY.

missbeckd

Earning My Ears
HI, I'm Becky. I am mom to Morgan who will be 5 in May. We will be taking Morgan to Disney for her 2nd time in December. I'm already planning and this board is such a great help:):wave2:

wanted to add we are staying in the POP this time and would love any pointers or tips.

Hi Becky! :welcome:

I'm also from upstate NY...Rochester. Where are you? Congrats on your 2nd trip. We will be taking our second family trip in April! :cool1: :cool1:

I'm in Ballston Spa, near Saratoga Springs.:) It's snowing like crazy today. Makes me want to up my trip. I've never stayed at the POP so I'm trying to read through the "Groovier POP thread" to get info on what building I should be trying to stay in. I've also never been to Disney at Christmas time, so I'd be open to any holiday pointers. Thanks for the greetings.

Welcome to the boards! Planning a disney trip is just as exciting as going! December is a great time to go... Nobody does the holidays quite like disney!
The pop thread ur reading is wonderful.. Ask questions and all the "pop professionals" will help u out! Heres a link to some christmas photos from last year ...
http://www.wdwinfo.com/pictures.htm (scroll down to christmas pics)

My biggest tip is just to take your time and take it all in.. my favorite thing to do is walk thru Disney Studios and catch the Osborne Lights... dont forget to look for the hidden mickeys and the one black cat! :thumbsup2

MissBeckd
We're staying at the POP in August. Feel free to PM me as your trip gets closer and I'll tell you as much as I can about the hotel. We've never stayed at the POP before but the kids think that the pictures of it look very cool. :cheer2:
We're down near Albany - and the snow just keeps coming. Who needs a gym today - I'll just go shovel!!
Take Care

Welcome to the Dis from snow covered Plattsburgh NY.(Just a couple of hours north of you)!!!

This is a great place for info. We have stayed at Pop a few times, if you have specific questions just PM me or others and I am sure we can help you with your planning.

School was cancelled today, so I did not have to teach and I get to play around on Dis more than usual today!!

Small world (no pun intended)... I'm in Clifton Park, home sick from work, and this post caught my eye. My girlfriend (from Ballston Spa) convinced me last week that we should go back in March. So just last night, I booked Port Orleans Riverside for a week.

We were originally temtped to go back because she received the $500 GC offer. But we wanted to do 7 nights at a moderate, so the buy 4, get 3 free (w/$200 GC) turned out to be the best deal for us. Seems like a shame that we didn't use the email.

Hope you have fun. I know we will.

Welcome to the Dis from snow covered Plattsburgh NY.(Just a couple of hours north of you)!!!

This is a great place for info. We have stayed at Pop a few times, if you have specific questions just PM me or others and I am sure we can help you with your planning.

School was cancelled today, so I did not have to teach and I get to play around on Dis more than usual today!!

I was born and raised in PLattsburgh. I graduated from PHS in '91 and PSUC in '95. What a small world.:hyper:

Now that is "upstate". We used to live in Watertown (Fort Drum), then I siad we were upstate, now in Rochester, it doesn't feel that "up" anymore. :confused3

17.gif

Welcome to DISboards. Hope we have a wonderful trip coming. We are also planning a trip on December and want to stay at WL.

Have a nice day and enjoy planning. :)

Hello from Buffalo, NY
snowey and cold here also. Welcome to the Dis Boards....ask away
plenty of help here...

I wish I were in Florida right now. Unfortunately we aren't leaving until May 19th. Flying out of ROC.

I'm in Ballston Spa, near Saratoga Springs.:) It's snowing like crazy today. Makes me want to up my trip. I've never stayed at the POP so I'm trying to read through the "Groovier POP thread" to get info on what building I should be trying to stay in. I've also never been to Disney at Christmas time, so I'd be open to any holiday pointers. Thanks for the greetings.

I stayed at POP in Sept 08. It is a great resort. We stayed in a prefered room in the 60's building. The 60's is close to the main building. We had a pool view but late at night it can be noisy due to the people in the pool. I think next time I stay there it will be 60's not facing the pool. it will be much more quiet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter