HHN Date Questions

LilyWDW

Going to My Happy Place
Hello all!

I am planning a trip for NEXT year (2024) that includes a night at HHN. However, I would need it to be the first thing I do on this trip (Arrive day 1, stay at a Universal hotel, HHN day 2, then off to Disney on day 3 for Food and Wine). Do the days of HHN usually stay the same year to year? Like if it is done on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday... can I count on that for planning purposes for the next year?

I appreciate your help!

For the most part yes, normally Sun, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Some times in September there might not be a Wed HHN early on.

Reactions: AJA
For the most part yes, normally Sun, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Some times in September there might not be a Wed HHN early on.
Thank you!

Knowing that has me feeling better that I can schedule this!

Hopping on this - does anyone know whether HHN this year 2023 will end on Halloween (Tues), or the weekend after Halloween?

Id be surprised if it went passed the Tuesday - just logistically the SAs will have been going straight since the previous Wednesday at that point. The staff and SAs are probably pretty burnt out at that point so to then come in for a weekend after Halloween seems unlikely

And as we all know with Universal the dates probably wont be announced any time soon

Hopping on this - does anyone know whether HHN this year 2023 will end on Halloween (Tues), or the weekend after Halloween?
This is a really good question. The last time Halloween was on a Tuesday was 2017, and HHN continued through the following weekend (which blindsided me as it was my first trip and didn’t realize the parks had different closing times that weekend).

The norm during pre-COVID seems to be for HHN to continue through the next weekend (2018 and 2019). Then no HHN in 2020, followed by Sunday and Monday Halloweens in 2021 and 2022. I guess we will see how UO handles the “new normal” going forward. But those years with November dates started mid-September, and 2021 and 2022 started Labor Day weekend.

I wonder if early-start/early-end or late-start/late-end is more profitable.

This is a really good question. The last time Halloween was on a Tuesday was 2017, and HHN continued through the following weekend (which blindsided me as it was my first trip and didn’t realize the parks had different closing times that weekend).

The norm during pre-COVID seems to be for HHN to continue through the next weekend (2018 and 2019). Then no HHN in 2020, followed by Sunday and Monday Halloweens in 2021 and 2022. I guess we will see how UO handles the “new normal” going forward. But those years with November dates started mid-September, and 2021 and 2022 started Labor Day weekend.

I wonder if early-start/early-end or late-start/late-end is more profitable.

The dates were previously announced:

2023 Halloween Horror Nights Dates will start on September 2nd, 2023 and run through October 31st 2023. Below are the exact HHN 2023 dates.
  • September 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30
  • October 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
The HHN event usually takes place on select weekdays and all weekends including Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It’s important to keep in mind that this event has become extremely popular among Florida locals…Universal has increased event nights in recent years.

Thanks so much for posting!!! We plan to be in ORlando week of Columbus Day, and planning at least 1 HHN night that week. Leaning towards Thursday night now, and hoping for less crowds. Last year we went on Sunday before Columbus day, and it was beyond packed!

2023 Halloween Horror Nights Dates will start on September 2nd, 2023 and run through October 31st 2023. Below are the exact HHN 2023 dates.
Where did you find them posted? They appear to be the 2022 dates. (Why would they have HHN on Mon 9/18 or Mon 10/2, but not those Thurs nights?)

Where did you find them posted? They appear to be the 2022 dates. (Why would they have HHN on Mon 9/18 or Mon 10/2, but not those Thurs nights?)
what I thought was a ‘reputable’ site, sorry lol

They tend to be the same days of the week with some ‘bonus’ dates added now & again.

as a template, here’s 2022 & 2023 calendars…you can get a good idea of what the dates will be that way.

5064C386-0E04-451F-90FA-5269EBA32A7B.jpegD9FA6749-10E1-4AEA-96A0-EEDA0E87C1BC.jpeg

Yeah, I'm sure I saw that posted on the same site.

My problem is we plan to go one of the last few days of HHN, and we'll be getting APs to hit hopefully the last week of HHN next year. So it'll make a difference if we have to plan on Halloween as the last HHN day, vs Nov 5th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter