HHI Report

jersey joe

Jersey Joe
Just got back from DVC HHI. Wife and I had a great time. Visit Nov. 9-13th.
Quick summary:

Room: Studio Bldg.12 since it was the two of us,we wanted a quiet area. This bldg. fit the bill - next to the main bldg. Only surprise was the size of the so-called queen size bed. I would call it queen size for a" mouse". Everything else was fine. Balcony overlooked the marshes. A very quiet room.

Activities: Lots to do for adults and kids. The campfire was lots of fun. Simple fun - yet we all had a great time. There was one evening scary stories telling by B'lue a native Hilton Header.

Beach House: Short drive or bike ride. Nice pool and rec. activities. The beach was very clean. Beach: able to ride bikes - nice compacted sand.

Cast Members: All were great and really made you feel at home. A very relaxed atmosphere throughout the resort. I thought the location would be a negative,but you know what. We really felt that we were not in a sterile resort or condo complex. DVC has charm and atmosphere that is special to HHI. Again, I am reporting this from an adult point of view. I did notice that the children were having a great time,both at the main area and the beach house.

Weather: All four days were sunny from the low 70's to the low 80's.

Dining: Off property A real local favorite: The Sea Shack no frills and great seafood. Try the Shrimp and Gator Chili soup.

Another great local seafood rest. Captain's Seafood. Very good variety and quantity. Mostly locals.

Breakfast and Lunch: Harold's Diner [on Rt. 278 around mile marker 6]. A local fav. Believe me you will not be disappointed! A no-frills stick to your ribs food. The entertainment factor is priceless. A must see!!!

Golf: played four courses and all had overseeding earlier this month.Ranking the courses: 1. Robbers Row 2. Planters Row 3. George Fazio 4. Shipyard Plantation. Each has their own special features and are different. Rates vary and mention DVC for a reduced rate. We must have seen 12 gators on the courses. One must have been 10' to 12'. That's big!!!!!!

Wish we could have stayed another four days. "You all have a good day". :wave: :cool1: :yay:

We are heading out Friday, and I can't wait!! Hope that weather holds out, 70's sounds pretty good for Thanksgiving to me!!!

Mike

Thanks so much for your report. We're headed there Saturday, and were especially interested in your dining reviews. Sea Shack was on our "must try" list, and we'll keep that soup in mind. We've always enjoyed Captain's Seafood. Where is it now? I heard it moved. But I hope they still have the roll of paper towels on the table. For some reason, I really liked that little "homey" touch. And I never heard of Harold's Diner-thanks for the recommendation.

It sounds like you had a great trip. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to go back again next year. :sunny:

Thanks for the food and golf tips. We are going the week of New Year's. I can't wait. There will be several of us and golf is a priority for the men. Glad you had a great trip.:goodvibes

Those of you going this weekend or the next, have a great time . Don't eat too much turkey and watch out for the gators!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :banana: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter