• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI pools

DVC SSR Owner

DIS Veteran
We have a reservation at HHI from May 26-June 1. Are the pools open? What are the pool and ocean and general weather temps like then? Also, how big are the pools and does anyone know the depths? Is there a splash zone? We are taking 7 yr old and 8 month old. Thanks!

The only time we went to HHI was in August 2010 so I can't help you with the early summer water temp question. I don't know if their pools open before Memorial Day or not but if you're going after Mem. Day they will definitely be open by then. Here are some pictures of the 2 pools. They're not zero entry but they are shallow by the steps. The only splash zone thing we saw was a teeeeny tiny corner at the Beach House pool with a couple of big beach balls. Cute but not much to brag about. We spent more time at the Beach House pool than at the main pool because when we were there in August it was REALLY HOT so the water temps in the ocean were really warm & there were a lot of jellyfish. You couldn't go in without getting stung so we'd leave the beach to go sit at the pool.

The main pool at the resort itself:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The Beach House pool is shaped like a big H and has a volley ball net in the middle:

ry%3D480

The tiny splash area at the Beach House pool:

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Thanks for the nice pics. Can anyone answer when the pools open? Any chance DVC will expand the pools like they did at SSR or was that done to sell mire units?

We were there a few years ago in the beginning of March. The main pool was open and well heated. The beach house pool would have been open but they were doing a re-furb. The first couple of days we were there the weather was lovely. low 70's ans sunny, then it got windy and cool, but our kids still enjoyed the pool as it was warm. I would think by the time you are going the weather should be nice, I don't think the ocean would be too warm yet though.

The main pool was open at 8am and closed at 10. There are villas that are extremely close to the pool. I have never seen this enforced before but here it is. If I was in a villa next to the pool I would appreciate it. Ocean water is very nice. We did not use the beach house pool last time.

Both pools will definitely be open then, barring maintenance issues or refurb.

The beach house pool is a little bit deeper on one side of the 'H' than the other side.

A few years ago at the annual meeting, they announced that they would add a hot tub / spa at the beach house. But they never did. The only hot tub / spa is by the main pool. (Although, on another thread, someone mentioned getting an email that the beach house would be closed for some time over this winter. Don't know if it was just being closed because of weather, or refurb, or what.)

I think there pools are open year round so they will definitely be open late May/early June!

We go mid to late June and pool temps are wonderful. HHI can be hot by June - high 80's and low 90's. Ocean temp was 80 degrees by Mid-June so I'm sure early June will be just a tad cooler. :)

When we were there in August the temp of the pool was like bath water. It was 96 all week.

We were just there in October and the pools were open and I was told they are heated year-round. In fact, I believe there are signs saying as much at the pool area. We had a great time! We weren't sure about HHI since it was our first Disney experience away from the parks but it was totally a great Disney experience for the entire family.

p.s. Don't miss the campfire and s'mores

Pools are open year round and are heated to abound 84 degrees.....and my DD is very thankful for that. I however, had a very upset child when we were down there one weekend in Feb and there was frost on the chairs outside and steam rising from the pool. It was 28 degrees that morning and she wanted to go swimming....luckilly it warmed up that afternoon and I let her go for a short time....Enjoy your trip

There is also a little kiddie pool next to the main resort pool. Dd3 was 18m the first time we went, and she liked that pool. They have little frogs "spitting" into that pool.

We LOVE HH. Dh and I were just there in early October. I only like pools that are warm if it isn't 90 degrees outside. When we were there it was a bit of a cold spell with a couple days in the low 70s. The sun was still hot, and the pools were warm enough for me to sit in even when the outside temp was cool.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter