HHI Closing Question

wordwitt

Mouseketeer
So if any of you have closed on a Hilton Head contract, what was your timeline for getting your points? I know closing costs are a little higher (for my contract it's only $100 more than for a FL closing for some reason), but any difference in other aspects of closing? Thanks.

So if any of you have closed on a Hilton Head contract, what was your timeline for getting your points? I know closing costs are a little higher (for my contract it's only $100 more than for a FL closing for some reason), but any difference in other aspects of closing? Thanks.

We closed early 2012 on our HH contract. It was the same process/timeline as my other 2 contracts (OKW and AKV)....same 60-ish days from offer to making a reservation.

Mine was over 3 months from start to finish. I forget why, but DH thinks it was something to do with a title search.

Thanks for the replies. I never really gave much thought to the fact that it could be different, but I realize it could be.

It took us a couple months for the whole process to start and finish.
We made our offer right before the resale restrictions were announced, and it went to ROFR just a few days after the announcement.
We received word back from ROFR that we had passed 30 days EXACTLY after it went to ROFR.

It took a couple weeks to get all of the documentation in line at the beginning, and a couple weeks on the end. So all in all, it was about 8 weeks or so.

We thought, and it felt like, it took forever! HAHA

We really were afraid that we weren't going to pass ROFR since our offer, and the seller's counter-offer landed us below $42 per point. BUT we did! :cool1:

You just have to be patient - it feels like it takes forever! You just have to forget you're in the middle of an awesome transaction. Plan your next Disney vacation, take time to learn more about DVC, go shopping, go hiking... do anything to forget your are waiting! HAHA

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter