HHI- 4th of July!

hhisc16

DHHIR owner, DISDAD
I want to start the trip report to Disney Hilton Head Island Resort by recommending a visit if you enjoy relaxing and/or the beach!

Our stay at DHHIR was in a studio for the nights of July 4, 5, and 6. 🏖

Building 30 was excellent!

The trip included me, my wife, and our infant daughter.

Sunday- July 4th:
We were able to check in after noon and our room was ready!
We parked literally steps from our room and unpacked.
Went to the Big Dipper Pool and enjoyed the afternoon there.
We loved having dinner at Tide Me Over since they were open to 8 pm due to fireworks!
Fireworks were literally right outside our building and our infant daughter got scared so we had to watch Happily Ever After inside the room on the TV instead. (Fireworks were awesome in Shelter Cove though!)

Monday- July 5th:
We enjoyed breakfast at Tide Me Over, then drove to the Beach House due to all of the beach stuff for the family.
We enjoyed the beach all day due to perfect weather!
We enjoyed lunch at Signals/Sandbar.
We ate dinner off site. We would not recommend the place.

Tuesday- July 6th:
We enjoyed breakfast at Tide Me Over, but it rained off and on all day.
We enjoyed lunch at Signals/Sandbar after the rain.
We ate dinner at Giuseppe and we would highly recommend!

Wednesday- July 7th:
We enjoyed breakfast at Tide Me Over, but we were under a tropical storm warning so we checked out.
We went to Tanger Outlets for lunch and shopped, then drove home in SC.

Highlights of the Trip:
Cast Members, Disney food, Room/location/beach

Negatives of the Trip:
Tropical Storm Warning

The highlight of our trip was getting pixie dusted by two different cast members at DHHIR: Patrick and Jessica!

We also met two different DIS Board members: one at Palmetto Moon in Bluffton and one at DHHIR!

Our home resort is DHHIR and I cannot wait until our next trip there! We have a Disney World trip planned around Christmas this year!

Last edited:
I want to start the trip report to Disney Hilton Head Island Resort by recommending a visit if you enjoy relaxing and/or the beach!

Our stay at DHHIR was in a studio for the nights of July 4, 5, and 6. 🏖

Building 30 was excellent!

The trip included me, my wife, and our infant daughter.

Monday- July 5th:
We enjoyed breakfast at Tide Me Over, then drove to the Beach House due to all of the beach stuff for the family.
We enjoyed the beach all day due to perfect weather!
We ate lunch at Signals/Sandbar.
We ate dinner off site. We would not recommend the place.

Highlights of the Trip:
Cast Members, Disney food, Room/location/beach

Negatives of the Trip:
Tropical Storm Warning

The highlight of our trip was getting pixie dusted by two different cast members at DHHIR: Patrick and Jessica!

We also met two different DIS Board members: one at Palmetto Moon in Bluffton and one at DHHIR!

Our home resort is DHHIR and I cannot wait until our next trip there! We have a Disney World trip planned around Christmas this year!
Okay, just out of curiosity, which place would you not recommend? I know you get lots of suggestions on here--I'm guilty--but it would be good to know where you were and your experience there. Glad you had a great time, overall!

Okay, just out of curiosity, which place would you not recommend? I know you get lots of suggestions on here--I'm guilty--but it would be good to know where you were and your experience there. Glad you had a great time, overall!
I would NOT recommend the Sea Shack after the past three experiences in three years.
I have been eating at the Sea Shack every summer for my entire life, but we have had three terrible experiences in 2019, 2020 and 2021 with no parking, food being cold, not allowed to eat inside, and an unprofessional system of calling in your order.
(They literally tell you when you call in the order to keep calling to get them. I tried 7 times before they finally answered. When you arrive to pick it up, you are to knock on the side door, yell your name, and hand them cash only.)

Last edited:
Just want to clarify that I live in SC and visit HHI every summer, but this is my first year staying on DHHIR and purchasing into DVC with DHHIR as my home resort.

So I have stayed at many different places on HHI and ate many different places as well for reference.

I love the Sea Shack’s food, and we were there in May, and ate there twice during a 4 night visit. For me, their grilled oysters, shrimp and scallops are perfect and the sweet potato cornbread is the best anywhere.

We try other restaurants, we are open to suggestions, but that’s the one place that has never disappointed me. DH and DSis feel similar, but maybe not as intense as I am!

I would NOT recommend the Sea Shack.
I have been eating at the Sea Shack every summer for my entire life, but we have had three terrible experiences in 2019, 2020 and 2021 with no parking, food being cold, not allowed to eat inside, and a sketchy system of calling it in.
(They literally tell you when you call in the order to keep calling to get them. I tried 7 times before they finally answered. When you arrive to pick it up, you are to knock on the side door, yell your name, and hand them cash only.)

Wow! We ordered take out, and had a very different, good experience. We've always enjoyed the Sea Shack as Bobbiwoz has.

Was at HHI during the same time frame....loved it and plan to return ...beautiful resort, great staff and loved the fireworks !

I would NOT recommend the Sea Shack after the past three experiences in three years.
I have been eating at the Sea Shack every summer for my entire life, but we have had three terrible experiences in 2019, 2020 and 2021 with no parking, food being cold, not allowed to eat inside, and an unprofessional system of calling in your order.

I don't like it either and will not go back. I also think it's even worse in high season.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter