HHI 2BR villas and second bedroom

lovin'fl

DIS Veteran
I see that some have 2 queens and some have a queen and a sofa bed. I assume that the dedicated 2BRs have 2 queens while the lock-offs have the sofa bed, no? Are there specific buildings that have the 2 queens? I want to request close to main pool but I'd also prefer the 2 queens since we have 3 teens.

I see that some have 2 queens and some have a queen and a sofa bed. I assume that the dedicated 2BRs have 2 queens while the lock-offs have the sofa bed, no? Are there specific buildings that have the 2 queens? I want to request close to main pool but I'd also prefer the 2 queens since we have 3 teens.

There are only a few units besides the lodge that have the lockouts. I don't remember the building number right off. You are correct that the lockouts have the queen bed and sofa and the dedicated 2BRs have the 2 queen beds. The sofa beds are actually pretty comfortable. We were at the resort this past week and DD20 slept on the sofa bed. All of the buildings surrounding the pool are dedicated 2BRs.

There are only a few units besides the lodge that have the lockouts. I don't remember the building number right off. You are correct that the lockouts have the queen bed and sofa and the dedicated 2BRs have the 2 queen beds. The sofa beds are actually pretty comfortable. We were at the resort this past week and DD20 slept on the sofa bed. All of the buildings surrounding the pool are dedicated 2BRs.

Great!!! I will just request 'near pool'. I have a ways to go before online check in, but I wanted to have all the info before then. Thanks!!!

Great!!! I will just request 'near pool'. I have a ways to go before online check in, but I wanted to have all the info before then. Thanks!!!

Just to be safe you might want to request a dedicated 2BR and no lockout.

All Lodge (Buildings 11 and 12) accommodations are lock off 1BR and Studios. There are a total of 16 1BR and 16 Studios in the lodge. The remaining 5 1BRs and 5 Studios are located beneath the GV's in buildings #16,18,19, 28 and 30.

All of the dedicated 2BR villas have 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR. All of the Studios (21 in total) have the queen bed and queen sleep sofa. 16 of those are in Buildings 11/12 and the other five are beneath a GV.

MS will typically NOT reserve any of the lock-off 2BR villas as a 2BR with the possible exception of a HCA 2BR villa. Unless you need a HCA 2BR you will have the 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR if you reserve a 2BR.

All Lodge (Buildings 11 and 12) accommodations are lock off 1BR and Studios. There are a total of 16 1BR and 16 Studios in the lodge. The remaining 5 1BRs and 5 Studios are located beneath the GV's in buildings #16,18,19, 28 and 30.

All of the dedicated 2BR villas have 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR. All of the Studios (21 in total) have the queen bed and queen sleep sofa. 16 of those are in Buildings 11/12 and the other five are beneath a GV.

MS will typically NOT reserve any of the lock-off 2BR villas as a 2BR with the possible exception of a HCA 2BR villa. Unless you need a HCA 2BR you will have the 2 queen beds in the 2nd BR if you reserve a 2BR.

Nope, don't need HCA so that's good news that we'll get the 2 queens. My DDs-15 will each want their own queen bed and DS-17 will try the new sleeper chair in the living room. And I'll request to be near the pool since I know they'll want to go there a lot. This will be our 2nd trip to HHI...1st trip we all squeezed in a 1BR and it was in the Lodge. We didn't like that location as it was far from pool and we had the entire building's HVAC fans on the other side of our master bed wall (it was a whole deck of fans that ran loudly all through the night).

Anyway, thanks for all the info. Can't wait to get there!!!

We have stayed 2 times with the 3rd time this August. Both times the second bed room has the 2 queens. The sofa bed is not bad as we have stayed there both times for 6 nights. Same thing this August

FYI you may want to opt for a top floor, unless you can handle hearing every step of the people above you....

FYI you may want to opt for a top floor, unless you can handle hearing every step of the people above you....

Yeah...I remember that from last time. But we really want close to pool so might make that our only request. I am a super light sleeper (rest of my family is not) and will have trouble if the folks above are night owls or super early birds (last time at HHI the folks above were both :furious:). I will sacrifice, though, so that my kids can be close to pool.

Yeah...I remember that from last time. But we really want close to pool so might make that our only request. I am a super light sleeper (rest of my family is not) and will have trouble if the folks above are night owls or super early birds (last time at HHI the folks above were both :furious:). I will sacrifice, though, so that my kids can be close to pool.

When we did online check in last week, the only options were "Marsh View" or "Island View". I chose Marsh view but we are in building 20. The only time we have had a marsh view in our 6 visits was once when I made no requests! I love my view of the trees though, it makes it seem like we are in the mountains and the beach at the same time! The resort seems pretty full, it's hard to find a parking spot and the pools are hopping!

When we did online check in last week, the only options were "Marsh View" or "Island View". I chose Marsh view but we are in building 20. The only time we have had a marsh view in our 6 visits was once when I made no requests! I love my view of the trees though, it makes it seem like we are in the mountains and the beach at the same time! The resort seems pretty full, it's hard to find a parking spot and the pools are hopping!

When I called MS last I put in request for near pool. Next time I call I can ask to add a request for top floor but I might just leave it at 'near pool'. I'm not all that picky about view. Would like quiet location and close to pool because I know my kids will be getting food at the CS place a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter