• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HGVC and Marriott's CH and GV???

AWD

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm having a tough time choosing between these three resorts. We will be
spending this vacation at IOA and Sea world, with one day @ WDW. Our boys
are 16 and 13...........Which would be best location wise? We enjoy water sports, tennis
and swimming. Thanks for any input!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

We were at the HGVC in February. It was very nice. You'll find three pools, tennis, basket ball court, Croquet, putting green (a little weak), and lots of activities. You can actually walk to Seaworld if you are up for a 10 minute walk. It was a great place. Search for my review under my name. If you have any other questions let me know.

I stayed at the HGVC beginning of March. I really liked that place. It resembles Bermuda.
The pools are great and there are walking trails around lake. It is very close to Sea
World and grocery store. I would stay there again in a heart beat. Several hot tubs also.

You won't go wrong with ANY of these! All offer quite a lot to do in beautiful surroundings, with nicely furnished and equipped villas. Marriott Cypress Harbour is the oldest & largest of the three, with the most mature landscaping and regular refurbishing. It only offers all 2BR villas. The other two are still in active sales and have newer villas, from studios to huge 3BRs.

If the water is important to you, Marriott Cypress Harbour has a somewhat larger lake with rental boats and fishing. Many of the villas overlook the lake. The "lakes" at the other resorts are smaller, more for circling on bikes or footpath, not a focal point of the resorts. Grande Vista offers onsite golf, with golf views from most villas. All three are really attractive and well-managed, IMHO.

You will find a variety of activities at all three of these lovely resorts. And they are all located in the same general vicinity, rather near Sea World. HGVC is probably the closest to SW, if you wanted to actually walk there. Have fun, whichever you choose!

I can't speak to the other two, but HGVC is great and centrally located wiht UOA at one end and WDW at the end. HGVC also provides transportation to the theme parks.

Thanks for all of your replies!!! I know we'll have a great time !:) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter