Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program

Wandering Oaken

Hoo-hoo! Big summer blowout.
Has anyone used the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program in Orlando before? Does it truly let you skip the counter or do you still at least need to go to some stupid kiosk? I want to get my luggage and go to a row of cars and pick my car. Also, someone told me that I should book the cheapest car I could when using the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program and go to the row of cars designated for this program and I can choose something bigger that may have cost more when booking. Is this true as well?

Midsize or larger car, not a compact or economy car.
When I last rented from Hertz in October at MCO. Walk across to the parking garage, up the stairs and there is a board with your name and assigned car, you can take either that car or anything in that row.
You only get to skip the counter if you've rented from Hertz before. If you are a new to Hertz renter you still need to go to the counter so they can verify your DL and CC. Some have reported success in going to a Hertz local to them and having their docs checked.

I have rented from Hertz nearby my home (for a Chicago trip) but the CC # has changed. Would that rental be sufficient for a rental counter skip in Orlando?

I have rented from Hertz nearby my home (for a Chicago trip) but the CC # has changed. Would that rental be sufficient for a rental counter skip in Orlando?
Should be, last year was the first time I'd rented from Hertz in a few years. I'm fairly certain I didn't have my current card the last time I rented from them. Make sure it's all in your profile and your Gold Plus number is attached to the reservation. They will let you know a few days to a week before the rental if you can go straight to the garage.

Thank you. I'll give them a call before I book and prepay to make sure that I can skip the counter. Honestly, that's my main goal with renting a car. I want to skip that long line of the counter because I've got to get off the plane around 10:30am that morning, grab our luggage, go straight to the rental car, drive out of the garage and get to the resort in enough time to drop off our luggage with Bell Services and then head straight to Disney Hollywood Studios park so I can tap in before 1:00pm and try for a boarding group on RotR. 😁

I have been using Hertz exclusively lately due to a good corporate discount. I joined Gold, had to visit the garage kiosk on the first rental to verify CC but that was easy and only that one time. I have since done 3 more rentals in MCO and one in MIA with no issues. Good luck!

I "chatted" with Hertz through Facebook messenger this week, and they told me that all new Gold Plus rewards members have to stop at the counter first to have their credit card and drivers license verified before going to the garage to pick up a car at the Orlando airport. I also asked if they had a separate gold reward members line, and they said no. I also tried going to my local Hertz rental car location to see if they could verify my credit card/drivers license info and they were absolutely no help at all.

I "chatted" with Hertz through Facebook messenger this week, and they told me that all new Gold Plus rewards members have to stop at the counter first to have their credit card and drivers license verified before going to the garage to pick up a car at the Orlando airport. I also asked if they had a separate gold reward members line, and they said no. I also tried going to my local Hertz rental car location to see if they could verify my credit card/drivers license info and they were absolutely no help at all.
Do you know if they have a desk in the garage where you can go to verify your cc and dl or do you have to wait in line at the terminal?

I did similarly- went to a local offsite location. Nice agnet but indicated license/CC had to verified at time of rental. When we arrived in MCO I went to the garage, saw my name on the board with “see agent”. Did so in the garage kiosk/office and was on my way shortly thereafter.

I did similarly- went to a local offsite location. Nice agnet but indicated license/CC had to verified at time of rental. When we arrived in MCO I went to the garage, saw my name on the board with “see agent”. Did so in the garage kiosk/office and was on my way shortly thereafter.
oh that's encouraging. Was this a recent rental experience?

I have been using Hertz exclusively lately due to a good corporate discount. I joined Gold, had to visit the garage kiosk on the first rental to verify CC but that was easy and only that one time. I have since done 3 more rentals in MCO and one in MIA with no issues. Good luck!
HI....I am going to MIA and have reserved a car with Hertz. Do they let you pick your car from the aisle of your car category? Also did they have SUV's in the same category as a Full Size car like Alamo does? Thanks

I did have Gold aisle service in Mia. I chose a Nissan Rogue. Small SUV but one nonetheless.

What is gold aisle service? Thanks
After joining the Hertz Gold program (free, just register) and after your first rental which requires a quick counter/kiosk stop for DL/CC verification, you typically just proceed to the rental car area and choose any car on the Gold aisle. At least that’s been my experience renting typically the “large sedan” category.

After joining the Hertz Gold program (free, just register) and after your first rental which requires a quick counter/kiosk stop for DL/CC verification, you typically just proceed to the rental car area and choose any car on the Gold aisle. At least that’s been my experience renting typically the “large sedan” category.
Ok this would be my first rental with Hertz so I should go to the kiosk or do I have to go to a counter agent? Thanks

Has anyone used the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program in Orlando before? Does it truly let you skip the counter or do you still at least need to go to some stupid kiosk? I want to get my luggage and go to a row of cars and pick my car. Also, someone told me that I should book the cheapest car I could when using the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program and go to the row of cars designated for this program and I can choose something bigger that may have cost more when booking. Is this true as well?
Good morning. We picked up a Hertz rental yesterday and I am a new Gold Plus rewards program member (first Hertz rental). We walked directly to the garage (level 2) after picking up our luggage and my name was on the board in the garage. I had reserved a standard car (best rate for our dates) and the board had "5 stars" next to my name (I am not sure what 5 star cars means?). There were no cars in the 5 stars section, so we stopped in the office in the garage (no wait) and they told us that we could pick any car from the Presidents club section or the Gold section. We picked a car (Nissan Rogue) which was nice and sanitized (and a covered trunk area). Drove to the kiosk at the exit, and they checked my drivers license and credit card. I had reserved a AAA rate (that is good rate at today's going rates), and it covers my spouse as a driver too. No problems at all in checking out & the rate was the same as when I booked online. Nice helpful Hertz staff. So we have, so far, had an excellent Hertz rental experience. So yes - you might get lucky in getting a bigger car than what you booked. Hope you have a good Hertz experience.

Ok this would be my first rental with Hertz so I should go to the kiosk or do I have to go to a counter agent? Thanks
Well, I went straight to the garage in MCO (A side) for my first Gold rental. Name on board, "see agent" and as @ttfn3 indicated I had a brief stop in the kiosk and was told to pick from the Gold aisle. I would hate to steer you wrong, but that's how it worked for me. FWIW I did the same with Avis on my first preferred rental with them - stopped at garage kiosk.

As a fairly regular Hertz renter over the last several months, my only disappointing rental was in Sarasota this week. Small airport, no kisok just a Gold line at the counter. Folks in the standard line actually got out quicker as only one agent was working Gold and it seemed everyone ahead was hemming and hawing over vehicle selection. Overall not too bad, airplane to rolling in just under a hour, but the Gold aisle (show up and drive away) service at the larger airports spoils ya really quick!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter