help!?!

tinkandhook

Mouseketeer
i bought some transfer paper off of ebay, after reading one of the posts .The paper is gold seal glossy transfer (it was supposed to be 8.5 x 11 but it came 11x17) the auction said it was good for heat press or a hot iron and the directions would be included. when i got the instructions it only tells you how to use a heat press... i have sent an email, but i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to do it? im trying to make my DD some shirts to wear for our mom and daughter trip for her bday feb 12-19.
tia for any help.
tinkandhook

you can cut the paper in half to make it the right size - but I would call the number on the paper they included to make sure you have the right stuff -

is it for dark or light paper - we have posted the directions for both and I can point you in the right direction depending on which one you need -

thanks for the reply. the papers didnt come in a pckage just in a zip loc bag with printed instructions. it says gold seal glossy transsfer 11x17 application to achieve high gloss finish. the instrustions say commercial finishing sheet to acheieve high gloss finish... the link to the actual aution is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7578016336
did i get the wrong thing?
thanks in advance.
tinkandhook

I think you did - I think this something you put on top of your shirts to add a glossy finish to them

you need to buy Heat Transfer paper - they are either light or dark -

do you have a phone number?

I would call or email them and tell them that you accidently bought the wrong thing and tell them what you really want - you are probably stuck with what they sent you - thank goodness it wasn't that much

I agree with julia & nicks mom...

This isn't really transfer paper, its what you can add to the transfer paper to give it a high gloss..

I also have to agree that your probilly stuck with it :(

But i would keep it anyway and maybe try it with transfer paper (once you get some) on an old shirt and see how the glossy looks it maybe cool..

well phooey, thanks for the help guys. i have some old transfer paper im going to try it with. the transfer paper i used before peeled away on some after washing it, and the dark rubbed away from the kids back packs on it.Can anyone recommend a good transfer paper. the shirts are all light colors.
tia
tinkadhook

tinkandhook said:
well phooey, thanks for the help guys. i have some old transfer paper im going to try it with. the transfer paper i used before peeled away on some after washing it, and the dark rubbed away from the kids back packs on it.Can anyone recommend a good transfer paper. the shirts are all light colors.
tia
tinkadhook
a lot of people have been happy with Avery paper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter