• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help With Treat Ideas for Adults

scrapah1

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I have been having so much fun getting ideas for "day surprises" and treats for the kiddos in our group. :dance3: Per many of your suggestions I have found a lot of fun gifts for the kiddos at the Dollar Store but...I need some help with ideas for the adults. :grouphug:

I am working on candy bars and lollipops but would like something else as I have 8 days to fill.

I am also wanting to make Welcome Boxes and already have sunblock and sunglasses (my DH got a great deal on these from ebay) but definitely want some other fun goodies to put in there too.

I would love to hear any ideas you have as I am getting pretty stumped now.:confused3

Thanks!
April

Here is a fun thread that has gift baskets "made by shirley" for disney cruises. You may be able to get some ideas from them.

Gift Baskets by Shirley:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1723220

Also, check out the "what do you make thread": http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179996

Here are a few ideas off the top of my head for adults...if you have seen any of my other threads...I love lists!

• Water bottles with cute disney wrappers. Most adults love to have some water on the night stand at night. If you are flying...premake the wrappers and buy the water bottles when you get there. Don't forget to pack double sided tape! I'm not sure if anyone has made water bottle wrappers. Send me a pm and I can work on something for you.
  • For a funny gift...a cute mickey head cut out with a funny saying and a packet of aspirin attached. Yes Disney is absolutely wonderful!!! But after a long day at the park...you and the other adults traveling in your group may need a little something for the aching back, feet, muscles or head.

Can't think of just the right poem. Maybe "here is some aspirin after your long day...that is all I have to say"
  • I went with 4 families and each set of adults had their own "date night" planned and the other families took care of the kids for that night. If you are able to have "date nights" with your group. Maybe you could have the small individual bottles of wine or champaigne and plastic wine/champaigne glasses. If money is no object...have the resort send chocolate covered strawberries to their room.
  • I always love travel kits. Check out my travel thread for some ideas on what to put in one. It also has great printable games that you could include in with family baskets. They are fun for car, plane or train rides and just hanging out in the hotel room!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2191711
  • Put a pack of playing cards and print a few card games on them to give families something to do in their rooms.
  • maybe come up with a fun resort/hotel scavenger hunt list. Then if there is a mom and dad in the room...one of the parents can take their kids on a scavenger hunt around the resort and the other adult can get a break! Put things like rubber band, paper clip, piece of paper, stick of gum...
  • Okay got off track...adults...hummm... Small flashlights for their backpacks. They come in handy when you are at the parks late for parades or just an evening in the park. I used mine a lot to find things in my backpack or to just light the way.
  • Glow sticks, glow necklace/bracelets. I got them just for the kids in our group for the evening parades and the adults all wanted them too.

Hopefully all of this will help!

1. rain ponchos...you can get them at the dollar store for $1 and they aren't just for bad weather! They are great for helping adults stay dry on wet rides.

2. small bottles of hand sanitizer and/or handy wipes...unless you have a baby...you don't always think to carry around packets of wipes. Hand sanitizer is nice, but if your hands have dirt on them...it just moves it around. Wipes will get it off! Make disney stickers or wrappers for these!

Can anyone think of a cute poem to match?

3. AA and AAA batteries...seems like you are always needing batteries for something especially when you are traveling with kids

4. small package of tissues

Dolly your ideas are fantastic! :cheer2: Thank you so much!

I am going to get started on many of them right away. I was actually thinking about some alcohol for some of welcome baskets or treats part way through as I am sure it will be a welcome break for the adults at night.

Thank you for the link to Shirley's gifts. What a great idea. We are hoping to take a Disney Cruise in 2011 so I will definitely look into that again (plus, there are some great ideas now).

I love the aspirin idea, how perfect (and with all of the DISigns out there I am sure I can make it look fun).

Just in case others read this thread for ideas I stopped at Hobby Lobby on the way home and they were having 50% off of their canvas bags. I bought some thinking I could make those be the welcome "baskets" for the women. I also bought flip flops for $1.99 each and thought that they would be fun to tuck in with some lotion/aloe.

Thanks again and please keep the ideas coming!

I took doll's idea and made a "candy pocket" with eeyore on it. Added a text box that said " sometimes all that magic hurts a little" and stuck a packet of Tylenol in it. I got a box of travel tylenol with 3 packs od one dose in a packet. Stuck that in the pocket for our young adults traveling with us.
Thanks for all the ideas dolly
We are traveling with 4 adults, 2 college kids and 3 kids school aged so we have quite the gambit.

I made....
*Invites to our ADRs in envelopes to post on our fridge each night or morning.
*candy pockets with after dinner mints for all on thanksgiving(our trip is T-day week)
*Test Track Driver licences for all
*2 sets of wrapped nuggets o a card for college and kids
Also,
I made a bag filled with small dollar tree disney themed things like chapstick, and mini write on boards and I customized a mini bottle of hand sanitizer with clip art and kid's name- I'll hand that out on the airplane

disbag005.jpg

disbag002.jpg

kid's stuff
disbag001.jpg

nicolepdonnelly - Wow, your ideas are great! Thank you so much for sharing and for sharing the pictures too!:yay:

I love the Eeyore execution for the Tylenol, that fits perfectly! I am definitely going to try that out. After several days at the park, it might come in handy quite a few times.

What a great idea about the hand sanitizer, I might have to borrow that too!
April

I just remembered I have a "Here's the Bear Necessities" gift tag with Baloo on it in case you can use that to put together a little travel kit for the adults.

The tag is in my 4shared file...here is a link: http://www.4shared.com/dir/22829256/29c71d5c/Gift_Tags.html

Here are two lists of things you could put together with this:

Mini Travel Kit
• 1 pack of gum
• 1 package of candy
• 1 Crystal Light drink packet (add to a water bottle)
• 1 emery board
• 1 packet of tissues
• 1 tube of lip balm
• 1 Shout wipe
• 1 lens-cleaning towelette
• 1 moist towelette / antiseptic wipe
• 1 adhesive bandage
• 1 safety pin
• 1 travel size aspirin or medicine of choice
• 1 bottle of hand sanitizer

Here is what I keep in my families travel kit:
Plane/Car Travel Kit

• 1 deck of playing cards
• 1 pack of gum
• 1 package of candy
• 1 small tin of breath mints
• Dramamine or Queasy Pop
• 1 packet each of Aspirin, Anti-Diarrheal, Stool Softener, Pain Reliever, Tums, Cough Drops and Cold/Flu Medicine
• Airborne Vitamins
• 2 Crystal Light drink packets (add to a water bottle)
• Toothbrush, toothpaste and trial size dental floss
• 1 small bottle of eye drops and extra pair of contacts
• 1 emery board
• 1 packet of tissues
• 1 small bottle of lotion
• 1 tube of lip balm
• 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
• 1 pen and mechanical pencil
• 1 Shout wipe
• 1 lens-cleaning towelette
• 2 moist towelettes
• 2 adhesive bandages, 1 antiseptic wipe and Neosporin
• 1 elastic hair tie
• 2 ear plugs
• 3 toothpicks
• $1.50 in quarters and $5 bill
• 4 AA and 2 AAA batteries
• 1 Rain Poncho
• 1 pocket reference card with world time zones and popular travel-related phone numbers
• 1 quart-size zip-top bag (to pass TSA inspection, all liquids must be in a bag like this)

I LOVED Nicole's so much...I just had to make my own. Here is an "Aspirin" tent. It is similar to the mint matchbox wrappers but a little bit bigger to accomodate a travel size aspirin pouch.

Here is how I make them. Trim out the image and fold all three black lines. Then take the aspirin pounch and staple it to the backside of "because sometimes it hurts". Then wrap the rest of the tent around the aspirin and use double sided tape to secure it together...or you could staple the whole thing. I like not seeing the staple. :goodvibes

AspirinWrapper.jpg

Here is an aspirin pouch:
AspirinPouch.jpg

I just remembered another good gift for adults. Instead of the candy wrappers do the mint matchbox wrappers for mints. I think Mel (Bababear) has them in her candy thread. If not I can make some for you.

Dolly,

I am absolutely amazed at all of your wonderful ideas. Thank you so much for not only taking the time to share them but to be so detailed and to explain the how's as well. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

One quick q'n for you. You referred to Mel's (bababear) as a place to check for the matchbox books. I can't seem to figure out how to search for a specific DISigner, can you please tell me how to do that?

Thanks Again!!!
April

Dolly,

I am absolutely amazed at all of your wonderful ideas. Thank you so much for not only taking the time to share them but to be so detailed and to explain the how's as well. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate it!!!

One quick q'n for you. You referred to Mel's (bababear) as a place to check for the matchbox books. I can't seem to figure out how to search for a specific DISigner, can you please tell me how to do that?

Thanks Again!!!
April

Here is one better...this is her candy thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980430

You can always do an advance search to find specific threads of DISigners...look for the "search" tab in the navy blue bar towards the top of the screen

I've been wanting to make this for a while to add to the travel game thread...so here it is in case you can use it. Like I mentioned in a post earlier...this is a great way to give one adult a break from the kids...so send out your hubby with the list, a bag to collect everything in and a time limit. Otherwise, you could spend all day trying to get everything on the list. Then when you are done with the game. Swap adults and send the other with the kids to the pool!

ScavengerHuntHotel.jpg

Yeah I love it. How fun, the hotel scavenger hunt will be great for our non-park days!

I am making baskets for all those going with us in May for our 25th anniversary.

I went to the Disney store and got huge deep bowls with mickey characters all over them. I think they were for family salads or pop corn bowls.

Anyway, I am doing the candy bar wrapper, gum wrappers, mint wrappers all from the boards. Also took a candy sack wrapper and am putting Disney dollars in for everyone to have a Mickey bar in the park.

I got Disney pens, pencils, highlighters, note pads, magnets, & mickey kitchen towels.
I am getting Mickey pretzels, candy, mickey coffee's, teas and hot choc. when the time gets closer. I also printed out some waterbottle labels to make up also.

I am doing some individual things for the baskets too that match personal tastes like scrapbook stickers and journal boxes from the boards here and cocker spaniel items for my doggy friends.:thumbsup2

I also got some small crossword books and other puzzle books too.

I have hand sanatizer and wipes, disney chap sticks, ponchos, mini disney puzzles and those blow noise makers you get at kids birthday parties shapped as Mickeys. Adults can have fun too!:banana:

I just keep collecting and thinking as I go. I know I have some more stuff stashed away, just can't think what it is now.:confused3

I am also going to put in some chips and snacks in individual size packages too. Who knows what all I will find over the next 6 months.:rotfl:

I am also working on a new letter for everyday. That is still in the planning stage but I have been getting some ideas forming.

Oh yeah how could I forget. I am making journals for them too. That is taking time and ink but I couldn't pass it up for this special trip. I started out with a 1/2 journal book for each and well after help from this board my 1 in isn't going to be big enough, I have to go to a 2 inch notebook.;):rolleyes1
I know most of them will love it though.

Disneywishing

Disneywishing,

Wow, your list is amazing, your guests will be so blessed!

If you don't mind my asking, where are you finding all of your wonderful Mickey themed gifts? I know that you mentioned the Disney store for the big bowls but I wasn't sure where you got the chapstick, mickey food like pretzels and candy or the pens/pencils?

Thank you so much for sharing, you have given me a lot of inspiration!!!
April

For the pencils, pens, chapstick, small frisbee's, crossword books, playing cards, puzzles, small figurines...all of this with disney characters on them...go to the dollar stores. The Dollar Tree has the most Disney items of any of them. Family Dollar has a few things in the toy section like playing cards, magnets, small games but has a ton of things in the office supply section with lots of pencils, pens, and magic markers that are all disney. They also have clear plastic table mats with disney images on them. Look at the front close to the registers...a lot of times they will have disney lipgloss and other disney things. The Dollar General has a few activity books and on occasion you can find disney playing cards...they have some right now that come in tin cans that are really cute. Most stores really stock up with Disney things before Christmas so now is a good time to start looking...look in the office supply section, the toy isle, end caps and close to the registers. Also, look in the dollar isle at Target...they on occasion have disney things as well. And I have found princess and tinkerbell notebooks at Wal-mart along with other disney things in the office supply section.

I'm not sure where to find the disney pretzels or prepackaged disney candy...

I have gotten stuff all over.

Some from target, like pens, pencils and note pads.
Some from walmart, like highlighters and stickey notes.
Some things from the disney store and some on disneystore.com
Also got neat dry earse boads with Mickey or princesses and animal kingdom colored pencils and puzzle books at Darlington Farms. It is a discount store they only do here this time of year.

I got the magnets, mickey towels, collector pin for each and water bottle straps at Disney World. I was lucky enough to celebrate my birthday there the 4th of Oct. with one of my friends. We gathered some things then. I also got mickey straws at the food court in different colors to put in the baskets too.

The kroger store hear has some mickey foods like the pretzels etc but I am going to leave my basket open until I get to disney and buy the tea, coffee, hot choc., some mickey coins and the pretzels fresh from the gift shop in our resort. I can slip them in and then tie up the baskets. i bought clear celophane bags to slip over the baskets and hold all the stuff in. I will tie them with colorful ribbon and I bought a mickey head colorful braclet at disney which I am cutting apart and putting a mickey head or two on the ribbons of the baskets for an added touch.

I have also gotten a few things from our Dollar Tree and Dollar store, like the mini disney puzzles, the mickey birthday blower things, stickers, pens and tinkerbell journals.

Oh and I am also getting individual nut sac treats at Walgreens when the trip gets closer. Good for eating while waiting in line at WDW. I will probably get my candy bars there too. They often have the little bars 10 in a package on sale for like 99 cents.

Keep your eyes open and look around. It is amazing how you can often find things related to Disney.

It is fun to look, like a scavenger hunt. I am afraid I will have more fillings than basket. lol:rotfl::laughing: I am always coming up with other things to put in the basket.

Hope this has helped.

Disneywishing

Just thought of something for adults. Look in the candy section at Wal-mart and they have large boxes of candy for around $1.00-1.25. There are bottle tops, starburst, etc. You could get one per adult and come up with a cute Disney wrapper to put around them instead of the individual pieces of candy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter