• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with picking MK day

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
We are going to be in Orlando for a few days starting this Friday and I am taking my daughter to the MK for one day. I can go either Sunday, July 28th or Tuesday, July 30th. Wanting to make the most of our time so trying to decide which would be the better day. From the crowd calendars I have looked at is seems Sunday is just a bit better. Anyone have an opinion?

I wouldn't use crowd calendars. I'd look at FP availability. Which day can you get the FP you want? Generally, if that is your only park day, the weekday would likely be the lower crowd day.

Thats what I was thinking, but it is saying that MK is a red park day on the Tuesday and a green park day on Sunday. I was looking at Touring Plans and Kenny the Pirate. Im thinking at this point FP is going to be very limited to get for anything good. My daughter is really wanting to ride 7DMT and Big Thunder.

Touring Plans also has Sunday as a 4 and Tuesday as a 5 (for resort crowd level) and MK on Sunday as a 3 and on Tuesday as a 5.

I need to log on and purchase the 1 day tickets and check to see what FP is available like you said.

I would choose Tuesday over Sunday, but would check on if either day has extended hours for hotel guests, weather forecast, and fastpass options before picking.

I wouldn't use crowd calendars. I'd look at FP availability. Which day can you get the FP you want? Generally, if that is your only park day, the weekday would likely be the lower crowd day.
I purchased the tickets but can only see the FP options for one of the days. It will only let me see the Sunday which is what I picked to start with 🥴🙈

I think you should stick with Sunday.

Are you planning to rope drop, by any chance? Tuesday the 30th has EMM for MK, so that could impact RD.

I purchased the tickets but can only see the FP options for one of the days. It will only let me see the Sunday which is what I picked to start with 🥴🙈
If you have a Touring Plans subscription they have a Fastpass availability page.

I think you should stick with Sunday.

Are you planning to rope drop, by any chance? Tuesday the 30th has EMM for MK, so that could impact RD.

I was planning on rope dropping since we only have the one day and its gonna be brutal heat and humidity! Thanks for your insight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter