Help with park day decision including LegoLand

Calee

DIS Veteran
We are arriving may 6. Park dates for wdw and 1 Legoland day are may 7-12.

We have our wdw days and fastpasses set but I'm second guessing. Right now we have HS planned for Monday the 7th. It is overall a high crowd day and HS is said to be the best park. Same though for that park for sat. The 12th. We will mostly do shows at HS bc my kids are not thrill riders.

They love legos and are very excited to try Legoland. This will probably be a one and only Legoland visit. Right now we are planning on doing this on the 12th, our last day. It is a sat.

Now I'm wondering if we should switch our Legoland and HS days. I didn't know if it would be better to do Legoland on a weekday for crowds. I do want them to have a good experience. HS being mostly shows I thought we might be ok doing a Saturday. We have never done a park on a sat. Though so I'm torn.

Any thoughts?

I think I'm with you on switching to Legoland for a weekday. It will likely be less busy and DHS kind of is what it is at this point. Kids grow SO fast and you're right thinking that Legoland might be a single visit. You blink and they are teenagers! While Legos themselves are super long-lasting as far as age ranges (my 14 year old still pulls his out from time to time), Legoland does have a more limited age range appeal. Sure, we'd have an OK time if we went now, but not like we did when DS was around 7 or 8 when we went - so many rides and attractions are aimed at the younger set, which was awesome at the time.

What I'm getting at is - make the most of your day there if you think you won't go again before your kids age out of the target audience. DHS will still be there and will continue to be a draw when your kids are older, so even if it gets cut short on this trip, no biggie.

For HS our goals would be to see fantasmic, as it's been rained out before and we've never seen it, try to rope drop toy story, eat at Sci fi (we already have a reservation on both Monday and sat.) And see some shows. Will this be difficult on a sat?

I just have no idea what to expect at Legoland as far as crowds.... is a Monday going to be a good bit better than a sat?

I don't think your goals for DHS are off base for a Saturday. Most shows (Indy, B&B, Mermaid, Muppets) can accommodate big crowds, so they aren't as difficult to get into as a ride attraction. Then the Star Wars shows are just out in the open, so it is a matter of getting a decent spot to watch...we usually just "happen upon" those performances and see as much as we need to see from wherever we are. I Think TSMM is going to be your wild card since they seem to not be doing fastpasses until Toy Story Land opens, so everyone will be standby until then.

I don't know about a weekend vs. a weekday at Legoland, but my gut tells me that a weekday will be calmer. Maybe someone with recent experience will chime in.

One thing that might be of interest is that the Crowd Calendars for DHS are not following trends and historical data so well right now. Although it might be marked as a high traffic day, the actual crowd size maybe smaller then in the past due to all of the construction. Line weights maybe still just as long as you know have alot fewer options for guests to queue for but the crowd calendar might be off. I was just at DHS during Spring Break 2 weeks ago almost three now and although College Spring Break week tends to be a more busy time of the year especially for march, DHS was kinda empty compared to other times I have gone in the past. The construction has taken its toll a bit

S
One thing that might be of interest is that the Crowd Calendars for DHS are not following trends and historical data so well right now. Although it might be marked as a high traffic day, the actual crowd size maybe smaller then in the past due to all of the construction. Line weights maybe still just as long as you know have alot fewer options for guests to queue for but the crowd calendar might be off. I was just at DHS during Spring Break 2 weeks ago almost three now and although College Spring Break week tends to be a more busy time of the year especially for march, DHS was kinda empty compared to other times I have gone in the past. The construction has taken its toll a bit
So do you think a sat in May would be ok?

Take this with a grain of Salt because like I said the Crowd Calendars are off this year but historically That Saturday in May is a average day, so not super busy and not low crowd, in saying that Animal Kingdom on Sat has early Extra Magic Hours so I suspect that because of Animal kingdoms new night time hours and the fact that Pandora is still quite new , that you will find more people flocking to AK over Hollywood. Magic Kingdom is expected to be busy and with Epcot it being the Flower and Garden fest and the Concerts they have on the weekend I suspect that will also be more busy then Hollywood Studio, so for my best guest I would suspect of the 4 parks Hollywood Studio will be the least busiest of the DW parks on that day. Of course that is subject to change but since Toy Story Land isnt slated to open until June unless they do a soft open I would suspect DHS to be the best choice for Disney that day. Again this is my best guest and I am not a CM and I have no insider information just experience and good instincts

Last edited:
Thanks all for the thoughts and advice! I went on and switched it and feel good about that! If anyone has any other tips or anything about LEGOLAND, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks all for the thoughts and advice! I went on and switched it and feel good about that! If anyone has any other tips or anything about LEGOLAND, I'd love to hear them!
i would also like info on legoland-there is a code on ebay that says it is valid for $35 tix to legoland. anyone heard of a code that discounts the tix that much? anyone know if neworlandowego.com is a valid ticket broker? UT does not have Legoland tix at this time which is such a bummer since we are getting our WDW tix there. any help is much appreciated - trip is May 11-19, 2018

https://www.disboards.com/threads/legoland-trip-report.3638116/

I have been attempting to keep the above thread going for legoland info because when I was planning my trip there was so little information. I apologize I have never had time to create a table of contents page. My trip report starts the thread, but there are links or some quick reports on page 2.

i would also like info on legoland-there is a code on ebay that says it is valid for $35 tix to legoland. anyone heard of a code that discounts the tix that much? anyone know if neworlandowego.com is a valid ticket broker? UT does not have Legoland tix at this time which is such a bummer since we are getting our WDW tix there. any help is much appreciated - trip is May 11-19, 2018

I don't know anything about this, but you may want to try the pta tickets or search groupon if that doesn't work out. https://floridapta.org/member-perks/

Please post a quick trip report when you get back if you would like. While Legoland is not my favorite place in the world, it was a great day with our DD6(at the time), very low key, and good way to start out our vacation as our little group before joining up with the rest of my family. It was just so difficult to find current information or tips when planning.

Last edited:

This code will give you a free child ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket on the legoland site. We just went last month and my 9 yr old daughter loved it. She loves Legos.

I don’t know about the New Orlando site, but we just used the PTA tickets last month. It was so easy, and definitely on the up and up. I ordered the tickets about a week before we went because I wanted to check the weather. The email came from Legoland, the credit card charge was also from Legoland. I printed out the tickets and they looked like all the other paper tickets. It didn’t say anything on the ticket about a discount, and they scanned it at the gate and we were in.

Super easy. I definitely wouldn’t pay full price for Legoland if those PTA tickets are available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter