Help with map of Contemporary grounds??

chitown_disneylovers

Mouseketeer
Hi!

My family is planning a trip to Disney summer of 2014. We stayed in the Tower of the Contemporary many years ago and had a great time but we are trying to be a bit more budget conscious this time around.

What can anyone tell me about the garden wing section of the Contemporary? How far is the walk to the main tower? Where is the garden wing in relation to the tower? Can you believe we didn't even notice it on our last trip (5 years ago).

Thanks so much for any help! I have tried searching for an arial map of the grounds but I haven't had any luck!

I actually prefer to stay in the wing. I've never had more than a five minute walk from even the farthest wing room up to the 4th floor in the tower. You are much closer to the pool and if you drive, your car is close as well. I hate the elevators in the tower because they are slow and they are often very crowded. I've never had an issue with the elevators in the wing, plus since it's only three stories, you always have the option of taking the stairs (not something I'd want to do to the 12th floor of the tower, lol!).

The big difference is that the wing rooms do not have balconies and the tower rooms do. Otherwise the rooms are the same size and layout. Ground floor rooms do have a patio area.

We stayed in the very back, cross part of the wing a couple years ago and it only took a couple minutes to walk to the main building. We found it was fastest to go down the back stairs and out the Bay Lake facing door, then cut across by the pool and into the main building instead of going going through the interior hallways of the wing.

We stayed in a garden room, ground floor, facing the pool and it was A DREAM COME TRUE.
In all honesty, I don't think we'll ever be able to top that vacation ever again. It was perfect. The walk is not far at all. The pool is literally RIGHTTHERE....and the absolute best thing is the 5min trail to the MK. My son and I took that trail every single day of our stay. Felt like we owned the place.

I love the Contempo. Love the monorail. Love their pool. Love the MK trail.

I want to try the Towers one of these days.

There are a few corner rooms that are very, very roomy....I've seen the pics in the Contempo thread here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter