Help with Getting MaxPass onto Purchased Park Tickets

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
I love, love, love MP. DW and I have it on our DAP. :cloud9:

I have only ever bought MP through our AP using this DLR app. And I did it for the whole year so I did not have to mess with the day-by-day purchase.

We are going next month with 3 adults and a child. I need to buy 5 day parkhopper tickets. And I want to get MP.

However, on the final day we are only staying for a couple hours. So I will plan for MP on days 1-4.

I think I know the answer to my question, but am just checking. Since I only want MP for 4 days of the 5 day tickets, I need to buy it each morning as the tickets are scanned at the turnstiles?

Also, I have heard of delays (of like 15 minutes) for MP to show up so you can use MP. Is that right? Common? I have also heard of problems with MP showing up at all in the DLR app. Are you stuck going to guest services in that case?

Thanks!

Oh, another question.

If I buy the tickets thru Ares travel, will I get ticket numbers which I can add into the DLR app beforehand? is the only way to get pre-purchased tickets onto the DLR app to buy them from Disney directly?

I had no problem loading my ladybug minute travel club tickets onto the app and naming them. However you can only add maxpass in advance to to tickets purchased directly.

We used MaxPass for 5 days last week and I never had issues with it being delayed after purchasing. I had a few glitches (but not after buying) and a simple closing out the app and restarted it. The app did update midway through our trip and it took me about five minutes to get used to the new menu but other than that, no problems getting it added after going through the gates and had our first MP booked before we got through the tunnel.

You can only purchase tickets with MaxPass already attached to your tickets directly through Disney.
If you do purchase MaxPass when purchasing tickets, then, yes, you have to buy for all days of a multi-day ticket. You must purchase day-by-day if you want fewer days than your ticket length.
I do not know if delays are common when purchasing inside the park, but I have not experienced any. Prior to our last AP renewal in November, we purchased day-by-day on at least 5 different days and it went very smoothly and quickly each morning. I usually had my first fastpass with 2 minutes of entering the park.

Last time I bought tickets through aRES (2015) I had to take them to the ticket booth. I don't know if that has changed. Buying through LMTClub or ticketsatwork.com, I did not have to do that, I just went straight to the gate. The LMTClub tickets scanned straight into the app. Ticketsatwork ones were pre-MaxPass, so they didn't need to be put in the app.

Yes, if you only want MP for certain days, you have to buy it each day you want it. But it's super fast and easy to do.

We bought MP all 5 of our park days and I was able to book my first fastpass RIGHT after buying it - no delay whatsoever!

Yeah, ARES tickets still have to be picked up with a printed voucher. Here's the info from the ticket sales page.

Guests may pick up their tickets at any main entrance ticket window. Credit card holder must be present for voucher redemption. Personal photo identification will be required. If you are a guest at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel (Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa, or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel), you may pick up your tickets upon check-in. Guests staying at all other hotels present your Quick Order Pickup confirmation and photo identification at any main entrance ticket window of the Disneyland® Resort. Parking is not included with your Disneyland® ticket. For questions or park hours please call 714-781-7290. Ticket expires 13 days after first use.

As others have said, buying through LMT will be quicker (take print out or your phone straight to the turnstiles) and should be cheaper, too. Don't forget to have a screen shot and/or a photo of each ticket with a clear image of the bar code and number in case the tickets get lost or stolen. Makes replacing them at Guest Services a breeze. Have your tickets already scanned into the app, a credit card already loaded, and have your 3 digit security code memorized (app will ask for it when you purchase MP each day). You should be able to purchase and use MP within a minute or two. We have never experienced delays when we've done this with LMT tickets. Should add that we use our own data plan, never the parks' wifi for this. Maybe that can make a difference?

Last time I bought tickets through aRES (2015) I had to take them to the ticket booth. I don't know if that has changed. Buying through LMTClub or ticketsatwork.com, I did not have to do that, I just went straight to the gate. The LMTClub tickets scanned straight into the app. Ticketsatwork ones were pre-MaxPass, so they didn't need to be put in the app.
Trying to figure out if I want to spend $50 on LMTClub. Can someone check how much DLR 5 day PH tickets are for adults so I can see if I will recover that $50? Ares has them for $347. Thanks!

Trying to figure out if I want to spend $50 on LMTClub...

Easy answer: Don't spend the $50! There are always free membership codes floating around the internet. Use Google to find the most recent codes. Keep entering the codes until something works. I think I tried 2 or 3 times.
NB if you upgrade the LMT tickets to an AP, you should be credited the full face value, not the discount price, at the booth.

I am reviving this thread. I went ahead and followed all the good advice here and got LMT free membership and DLR tickets. Saved a bunch. Thanks!

So I have my self and DW, both DAP, both with MP in advance.

I have four LMT 5 day tickets for the rest of our party. I scanned these into my DLR app account and they are all good and ready for me to order MP for them on morning #1.

I think I know the answer to this question but am confirming. I need to have a hard copy printout (or equivalent soft copy on my phone) for the 4 LMT tickets. We will go thru the DL/DCA gates on morning #1 and the CM at the turnstile will give each of the 4 a paper ticket with a 5 day PH. Those will only be needed for park entry (or FP return, optionally, I usually just use my phone for that). Right?

:wizard:

I think I know the answer to this question but am confirming. I need to have a hard copy printout (or equivalent soft copy on my phone) for the 4 LMT tickets. We will go thru the DL/DCA gates on morning #1 and the CM at the turnstile will give each of the 4 a paper ticket with a 5 day PH. Those will only be needed for park entry (or FP return, optionally, I usually just use my phone for that). Right?

:wizard:
Correct. You'll also need the ticket/phone for FPs for F! unless you're doing a dining package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter