Help with Disneyland/Work trip - San Francisco to Los Angles!!!!

billwendy

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone!!

I really need some help!! There are 2 conferences on autism I want to go to in CA this fall. They are only a few days apart - first one is in San Francisco and the 2nd is in LA. I'd like to leave Philly 9/27..conference 1 is on 9/29 and is for 1 day. Conference 2 is 10/1 and 10/2......sooooo....Im willing to spend a few days after conference 2 for DISNEYLAND!!!! How can I do it cheaply - is there any way to rent a car cheaply to drive from San Fran to LA????

I really want to see WORLD OF COLOR!!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Wendy

How many people? Is it just you? One way SF to Orange Co. SouthWest is $59, that's cheaper than the gas to drive not counting the rental fee. (Driving from SF to DL about 6 hours).

How many people? Is it just you? One way SF to Orange Co. SouthWest is $59, that's cheaper than the gas to drive not counting the rental fee. (Driving from SF to DL about 6 hours).

Hi! Its just DH and I. We were toying with that idea - do you know if SF is easy to get around on by public transit? I think we'd spend tuesday there...so then we'd fly to LAX (or which ever airport is cheapest near there ) and then rent a car in LAX?

Keep the ideas rolling!!! THanks so much!!:thumbsup2

I would fly.

Especially if renting a car and then leaving from the destination city (vs driving back to SF), you're dealing with some nasty drop-off fees, which raise your price.

And just like I absolutely HATED driving in Philadelphia (friend got married in Cherry something or other right near Philly...hubby still wants to look for the bears from all the "bear left" "bear right" signs out there, LOL), I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy driving in San Francisco. :) I know I don't!

Does something go on in California in October? I cant even get the HoJo''s entertainment rate during that time.....There is another conference I could go to in LA the week before November - its a 2nd choice, but, would I make out better budgetwise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter