Help with Cayman Islands . . . is there a place to go to enjoy the beach?

Mickey of the Villages

Can't have nice things
We cruised last year from Galveston to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel. In the Cayman Islands we chartered a catamaran (stingray city, snorkeling, etc.). We are going on the same cruise again this year. Any suggestions for a beach getaway that your family enjoyed?

My crew has 7 folks ranging in age from very very active 70 year old to 11 year old.

If you don't have a beach getaway suggestion I'd be happy with any activity or suggestion other than a boat charter, snorkeling, or scuba diving.

We were there in Feb this year and didn't want to go to a crowded beach front resort so we took the bus (easy to use) to Cemetery Beach...just tell the bus driver where you want to go and he'll make sure you get there.

There are no services on this beach but we were the only ones there along with one other family.

It was great swimming, fun treasure hunting for the kids, and super relaxing. We bought towels and snacks and water from the boat.

There’s a nice public beach next to the Marriott. We ended up hanging out there more because it was less crowded than the marriotts beach (we were staying there). The Marriott however does have a great beach bar/restaurant that even nonguests can use.

We just got back from an unplanned stop there due to Dorian. We just took a taxi bus to 7 mile beach.. was nice.. chairs to rent, ammenties, a nice bar.. I am sure there are more awesome beaches, but the water was clear, clean etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter