Help with BWI room request!

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
DH & I are thinking of splitting our stay next time between a moderate and BWI. We have never stayed at the BWI. Would you suggest a standard room or waterview? We plan to book the Inn for the end of our trip, so this will be our resort to wind down our trip. What are your past experiences with standard vs. waterview?

I have stayed at the Inn 3 times now and each time booked a standard view. Twice I have had garden views and once a quiet pool view. Although the Boardwalk view is wonderful ( have had this waterview on the Villa side of the Boardwalk) I think the standard view is fabulous for the cost difference. Our first stay at this resort we had a great view of Illuminations and saw it from our balcony every chance we had! The standard view could possibly be overlooking the parking lot area so you have to keep this in mind. Since you are winding down on this end of your trip, the peacefulness of the Boardwalk Inn will be wonderful no matter what you choose!

Last year we stayed at BWI and got a great price on a waterview during value season, so we splurged for it. We enjoyed it but next trip will be during a more expensive time and we plan to do standard view. We will be asking for a "non-smoking, upper floor, Epcot view" based on info I've been reading here on this board. Some people as for "courtyard view" too.

The BWI is a lovely resort, can't say anything bad about our stay there! There is a good FAQ thread on the BWI to check out, usually at the top of this board.:D

Momtomany - BTW how many is many?

We've stayed at BWI 6 times, twice waterview. One WV was third floor above the pizza stand, the other time was just above and to the left of the Bellvue balcony.

If you spend some time on your balcony and enjoy watching the "liveliness" of the Boardwalk activity, go for WV.If you just want quiet seclusion go for SV.

We really enjoyed the WV rooms. The one by the Bellvue had a balcony that was about 12'w x 8'd. All BWI rooms do not have a balcony though, and it's not guaranteed you'll get one.

steve

smfnj--Thanks for the reply! To answer your question about how many is many--? I only have 2 grown children of my own, however, I have been in child care for 28 years. I am a daycare center director and have been "mom" to many children over the years. Also, whenever I started in this business I was once younger than my moms. Now, after all these years my moms were once my children! My how time flies!

Originally posted by christianweecare
My how time flies!

Don't remind me, hehe. That's why I need my Disney fixes, they keep me young.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter