Help with bridging!

crmom7054

Mouseketeer
I am at Disney this week and bought 6 day undercover tourist tickets (park
Hopper, water parks and more) to bridge to Annual passes here. I tried at Epcot yesterday and Hollywood studios today to bridge them and both times I was quoted the price different between what I paid and the annual pass, no bridging which is a big difference. Any suggestions on where to go or what to say to make this happen?

Hopper, water parks and more) to bridge to Annual passes here. I tried at Epcot yesterday and Hollywood studios today to bridge them and both times I was quoted the price different between what I paid and the annual pass, no bridging which is a big difference. Any suggestions on where to go or what to say to make this happen?
How did they know what you paid to UT?

Just try again elsewhere.
That's what will solve it.

They actually didn't have the right price, they had the price undercover tourist paid and both said that is all they could do.

How did they know what you paid to UT?

They DON'T know that.
They can only see what UT paid to Disney for the tix.

The CM training is so spotty on this issue!

Guests get lucky, or not.
Just be persistent to get the proper price.

Have you actually used the ticket at least once for a park entry, and then tried to do an bridge/upgrade?

It could sadly take a few visits to various guest service windows to resolve it. Stand your ground, don't give in to an uneducated cast member. You might also ask for a supervisor to make the transaction if the front line cast member is clueless.

I just did a similar bridge/upgrade of a UT ticket to an AP renewal a couple weeks ago. The ticketing cast member did ask a supervisor for help. In the end, the price was exactly as I had calculated it ahead of time, to the penny.

I also had a brand new CM at MK guest relations helping me upgrade at Easter and she quoted me the wrong price at first. I just politely said that that number didn't sound right and didn't match what I had calculated. She nicely looked at it again, called over her supervisor who then explained how to do the intermediate bridging step to her. In the end, she thanked me for helping educate her! And our figures matched to the penny.

We went to City Hall in MK and the first CM didn't know what we meant when I said "bridging". So I asked for a supervisor....the first CM tried to explain what I wanted but never used the word bridging....the supervisor started to explain to me that this wasn't possible....I said "bridging" and her face changed and she knew EXACTLY what I wanted....and trained the first CM on how to do it.

So....try using the term "bridging" to see if that sparks anyone's memory.

They actually didn't have the right price, they had the price undercover tourist paid and both said that is all they could do.
If you have used your tickets to enter a theme park first, your UT tickets are supposed to be bridged to current gate price. Your 6 day ticket with PH and WPF&M is worth $400 + 26 tax = $426. If you want to get a regular Annual Pass, that cost is $634 + $41.21 tax = $675.21. Price difference you'll owe is $249.21. The AP start date will be the first day you used your 6-day tickets.

I advise you to go to another Guest Relations facility either inside or outside one of the theme parks. If the number is wrong, make sure to ask if they have bridged the ticket to current gate price. Disney policy does allow price bridging for your ticket, sorry that some Disney personnel don't know their own policies. Just try again and good luck.

Last week we added 2 days plus a hopper option to a 7 day MYW ticket bought from UT bought a year or 2 ago. The CM at the GS outside the front of Epcot completed it fast and for the price expected so I think it just depends on training. I mentioned nothing about bridging but had figured out what it should cost.

If you have used your tickets to enter a theme park first, your UT tickets are supposed to be bridged to current gate price. Your 6 day ticket with PH and WPF&M is worth $400 + 26 tax = $426. If you want to get a regular Annual Pass, that cost is $634 + $41.21 tax = $675.21. Price difference you'll owe is $249.21. The AP start date will be the first day you used your 6-day tickets.

I advise you to go to another Guest Relations facility either inside or outside one of the theme parks. If the number is wrong, make sure to ask if they have bridged the ticket to current gate price. Disney policy does allow price bridging for your ticket, sorry that some Disney personnel don't know their own policies. Just try again and good luck.

How do you figure out what the ticket is worth? I have a 10 day hopper with 14 day expiration. Bought it from UT. Paid 421.23 for it. Would like to know how much more to upgrade to an AP.

How do you figure out what the ticket is worth? I have a 10 day hopper with 14 day expiration. Bought it from UT. Paid 421.23 for it. Would like to know how much more to upgrade to an AP.

The ticket is worth the gate price of the same ticket on the first day that you used it.

If you're doing an upgrade to AP, and you've used your UT at least once to enter a theme park, price-bridging means Disney bridges your ticket's original value to current gate price. What you paid for the ticket doesn't enter into the transaction. You can get Disney ticket prices on their website.
MYW tickets: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/
AP: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/annual-pass/purchase/

A 10-day PH ticket at current gate price is: Base ticket $354 + PH $60 + tax 26.91 = $440.91
Regular AP $634 + $41.21 tax = $675.21
You would owe $234.30

Confirming again what others have stated. Last week I upgraded a 6-day park hopper to an annual pass since I knew we were heading back in December, and was charged ~$400. I thought I was just ignorant, paid the amount, bought the Tables in Wonderland card, and went along my day with a slight feeling of buyer's remorse.

On Thursday, we went to upgrade my DW's ticket. She was charged $290. I was confused, and brought up my confusion. Both transactions occurred at City Hall in MK. After about 20 minutes of receipt printing, managerial consulting, and "back room" discussions, we were given a $116 Disney Gift Card to make up for the error the CM earlier in the week made (since I didn't have the debit card on me I used earlier in the week to upgrade the first ticket). so....we got both upgraded for $580, but if we both had done the upgrade on Monday would have been charged $800+....So I concur, definitely talk to other CM's, they should give you gate price toward the AP purchase.

I am trying to get more "value" out of the AP by booking one more quick stay this summer, too!:thumbsup2

The ticket is worth the gate price of the same ticket on the first day that you used it.

The package I purchased for this coming August is a five day with the free park hopper pin code. If I want to upgrade that to an annual pass, will they give me credit for the park hopper or will they automatically know that we received it for free?

If you use the ticket for at least one park admission, you will get credit for the hopper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter