Help with Anniversary Trip

Andreas Mom

Mouseketeer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary at the end of March. I have worked out all child care so this trip will be kid free. We only have 4 days...Fri-Mon.

What should we do? Where should we go? I have no clue :confused3
I thought this would be easy since there will be no kids

I am not super picky, or at least not trying to be but I do have a few "hopes" for this trip. We live in Washington so I would like to get away from the rain...actually I would LOVE to go someplace that is at least a bit warmer so I can pack lighter and not have to pay baggage fees A shorter flight since we do only have a few days would be a huge plus also.

I was thinking San Diego, San Francisco, LA, Palm Springs, Arizona? Please help me with ideas.

TIA Oh and as budget friendly as possible is always good too ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my DH and I will be celebrating our anniversary at the end of March. I have worked out all child care so this trip will be kid free. We only have 4 days...Fri-Mon.

What should we do? Where should we go? I have no clue :confused3
I thought this would be easy since there will be no kids

I am not super picky, or at least not trying to be but I do have a few "hopes" for this trip. We live in Washington so I would like to get away from the rain...actually I would LOVE to go someplace that is at least a bit warmer so I can pack lighter and not have to pay baggage fees A shorter flight since we do only have a few days would be a huge plus also.

I was thinking San Diego, San Francisco, LA, Palm Springs, Arizona? Please help me with ideas.

TIA Oh and as budget friendly as possible is always good too ;)

Vegas?

One of the big travel websites (I can't remember if it's Travelocity or Expedia) has a vacation plannner thing where you can put in your starting city and your budget and it will suggest cities/packages for you. That might be a good way to start, and maybe get some ideas that you would not have considered.

Vegas?

One of the big travel websites (I can't remember if it's Travelocity or Expedia) has a vacation plannner thing where you can put in your starting city and your budget and it will suggest cities/packages for you. That might be a good way to start, and maybe get some ideas that you would not have considered.

I keep going back and foorth with Vegas. Any input from someone who has gone would be great! It would be towards the end of March...Spring Break :eek:

If you remember what website has that planner that would be a huge help! Was it priceline?

Oh and with Vegas I should say I would love to go to that area....would LOVE to see grand canyon, red rock, and hoover damn but the whole spring break crown kinda worries me!

Which anniversary are you celebrating?
For our 20th Anniversary we did Monterey, CA. It was amazing with a hotel stay right on the ocean. We also stole one day at Disneyland because it was during the Christmas season.

Hawaii? San Diego at the hotel del Coronado would be nice as well. The Del is one of our favorite places we've ever been to.

It will be our 10th Anniversary. So a great reason to celebrate :goodvibes

ooohhh I will look into the one in San Diego. Funny thing is....the only place that we so far both agree on and are excited about is Disney....so we may just go there without the kids!

I would love to do Hawaii....we went there for our honeymoon but with only have 4 days the travel time would take alot of the vacation time so I think we will hold off and do that for the 20th or 25th :lovestruc

Congrats on the 10! It goes by so quickly. Good to see you stopping and smelling the roses as they say.

Congrats on your 10 year anniversary! :goodvibes
If you are both excited about Disney, then I say go for it!! Experiencing Disney Sans Kids is a completely different experience. Four days will go by quickly so I agree with the part about not going too far. Whatever, you decide to do, enjoy your time together! :goodvibes

My fave short trip/ kid free destinations are New Orleans and Vegas. From where I live, Southwest often has great fares to both and no extra fees. I have no idea about fares from Washington.

San Diego is also beautiful. Haven't been to San Fran in many years so I'm not sure what the weather would be like in March.

I also love NYC and a weekend there would be awesome but it's pricier than the others and the longer flight might not be worth it for a weekend.

I would book New Orleans or Vegas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter