Help with ADR! Epcot lunch on leaving day, ME at 2:00

kimkim

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Beach Club and want to go to Epcot our last morning for just a few hours (especially since it's so convenient!). Our flight is at 5:00 PM so I assume ME would pick us up around 2:00. I'd like to book one last lunch ADR to end our trip and have a nice meal before the airport.

This will be our first trip so I have no experience with how long it will take to walk back from the Epcot restaurants to Beach Club. I'm thinking that if I get to the hotel by 1:40 at the very latest, I should be OK for a 2:00 ME pickup. That assumes I checked out of my room that morning. Can I also do RAC in the mornng as well so my luggage is all taken care of?

Is all this 'doable' or am I crazy for trying to fit in that last TS? I was thinking Coral Reef or Chefs de France would be a nice last meal. Or, would any others be better due to proximity? (I'm already doing Le Cellier and Rose&Crown, so I don't want to do either of those). I would hope that if I have an early ADR (between 11:30 or 11:45) that we would be seated right away and would have enough time. Again, I have no experience to go off of though!

So please let me know what you think! Not that it makes much difference, but I am on the DxDP so I would probably order and appetizer (but could forego the dessert if pinched for time). It's also just me and 2 kids and we tend to eat pretty quickly, so no 'lingering'.

Thanks!
Kim

Okay going to break this down and try and make it clearer for you!

1) You are right about the pick up time. I would plan for it to be between 1:45-2:15 for your pick up for a 5:00 flight.

2) You need to be AT the bus stop ready to go 15 mins before your pick up time. The time given is NOT when the bus will be there, it is supposed to be when the bus is leaving the resort.

3) If you miss the bus, you are out of luck. You will need to find your own transportation to the airport and pay for it.

4) RAC opens, I believe, at 5:00AM so you should be able to do that ahead of time. Bell services can hold your carry on bags as well. However, remember what I said in #2... Make sure to leave yourself time to get your carry ons from bell service!

5) Coral Reef is well known to be backed up all the time with seating people and is also well known to have slower service (many posts on these boards to this effect). It is also in Future World which will make for a longer walk back to the Beach Club.

6) IF you get a 11:00am or 11:30am reservation you should be fine, though I would make it in the World Showcase.

I would plan to be back at the Beach Club no later then 1:30 (for a 2:00 pick up, add or subtract depending on what you actual have) so you can pick up your carry ons and be at the curb 15 mins before the scheduled time. This would give you 2 hours to eat and walk back (for an 11:30am reservations). I think this would be doable, though it is a bit tight (in my personal opinion). Personally, I would be too stressed out about making it back in time.

regarding the times, I totally agree w/ the PP. I think I would maybe schedule a lunch in the World Showcase rather than having to go basically to the front of Epcot to go to Coral Reef. ( you don't want to have to run back to the hotel) World Showcase is much closer. But I would stick to an 11:00 or 11:30 lunch to be on the safe side so you're not stressed.

We've never done Chefs but it's on our list too. The menu looks awesome. That would be my choice....it's a much closer walk back to the beach Club. Have you thought about maybe walking around Epcot in the morning, but maybe eating at The Boardwalk or at the Beach or Yacht Club? Then you're basically right there....no stress.

On the Boardwalk you could go to Big River Grille ....Yacht Club you could go to The Captain's Grille. Just some other options for you! Have fun !!!!!

I agree with the other posters but would like to suggest two things, have you thought about trying Teppan Edo? it is in the Japan pavilion and is the habachi grill, amazing food, a bit pricey but great, that would put you in world showcase. Also I would consider taking the boat back to the boardwalk. It departs from the exit at world show case and would be much quicker then walking and stops at the boardwalk, beach club and yacht club before going to DHS. Just a suggestion!:)

Thanks to all of you for replying! You all have some great suggestions.

I looked at Chefs and Teppan Edo. I can get an ADR at Chefs at 12:00 (which is when they open, so I should be seated immediately). That may cut it close though to be back at BC by 1:30 (although I'm happy to give up dessert). Teppan Edo is out for now, the earliest ADR was 12:20.

For any of you who have had lunch at Chefs de France, how long did it take (assuming I'll be seated immediately and will not take long to decide on what to order!)? it will be close to the Int'l Gateway so getting back to BC shouldn't take long. If it takes along time, we may just head back to BC and eat somewhere around there as was also suggested.

Thanks!
Kim

I vote Chef's. Location location location- it's right near the back entrance and it would be very convenient to get back to your hotel for ME.

We are doing something similar although we are driving so no real rush to get on the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter