• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help - will this be possible at CBR

AbbysFamily

Princess Abby, AlphaGeek Dad, and Disney Mom
We are planning a trip for my daughters birthday. We are booking 2 rooms at the CBR (one for us, one for the grandparents).

Heres my problem - One of the grandparents has diabetic neuropathy with damage to his feet. We are already planning an ecv, and thus will ask for a 1st floor room for them.

He doesn't need a handicap room, however due to the damage from he neuropathy, he sleeps in a chair, not a bed. What are the possiblilities of getting a 'real' chair (recliner or other living room type chair) put into the room for the week so he will be able to sleep.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, as due to the diabetes and other problelms we think there is a chance this will be the last trip they can take with us (and our DD6 is a HUGE disney fan so they love these trips).

Thanks in advance.

One of the medical companies that rents ecvs/wheelchairs also rent reclining lift chairs (the recliners that have a mechanism to help you stand from a sitting position). They deliver and pick up equipment.
Care Medical:
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/
Phone (407) 856-2273 • Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282

Or, you could contact the WDW Resort Reservations: 407-939-7807 (TTY: 407-939-7670)
number listed in the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities and ask for their assistance.

Thanks!!!! Thats great. Then at least we have a backup plan if Disney themselves can't/won't help.

We are going to do this for my dad in August. I would recommend that you request a King room at CBR as in my opinion, if there are two beds in the room there won't be enough room with the recliner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter