• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help- which Slinky Dog approach would you choose?

Jchoma

Mouseketeer
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it anywhere on the boards.

On Sunday, 4/14, HS has an Extra Magic hour from 8-9 a.m. There is no Early Morning Magic this day.
This is the Sunday before Easter, so crowds will be a little crazy. I am wondering how long the Slinky Dog line might be if we arrived around 7:15 a.m. for the 8-9 extra magic hour, and booked it straight there.

Since no one can book Fast Passes during the extra magic hour, does the line move any faster?

Would you recommend doing that versus rope dropping it another day?

My options are:

1. Try (and possibly not get) a Fast Pass for our group of 4. We are onsite.
2. Rope drop SDD on a non-extra magic hour day
3. Get to SDD on the Sunday I mentioned for morning extra magic hour, when there's no early morning magic event.

Leaning towards option 3, but would love some input. Thanks!

What day of your trip is that? I would of course try for the FP. Day 4+ should be no problem to get.

If not, #3 is a good idea, maybe try to arrive around 7 though.

What day of your trip is that? I would of course try for the FP. Day 4+ should be no problem to get.

If not, #3 is a good idea, maybe try to arrive around 7 though.

If I tried to get a FP, it would be Day 5+. You think we'll get a FP? I assumed it would be nearly impossible

If I tried to get a FP, it would be Day 5+. You think we'll get a FP? I assumed it would be nearly impossible

My wife and I just easily got a Slinky fastpass for day 4 for our trip. We got it for 1pm. We always make sure to do our fastpasses at 7am right when our 60 days hits. You should be fine to get what you need if you do the same.

If you can not get a FP I would go on the EMH day. There will be very few people in the FP line ( only das and rider swap) so the standby line will move faster

Thanks everyone! I think I’ll try to get a FP vs EMH. Fingers crossed

Just for reference I did RD this weekend (MLK holiday) and crowds were about a 7 or 8. EMH started at 8am and we arrived at 7:15am and were toward the front at only 10 back from first in line (caveat we lose a lot of ground on start as we both have bad backs and speed walking isn't an option). We were brought back at about 7:45am and we were off the ride by 8:05am, AS2 was at a 20 minute wait and we were off by 8:45am so longer than advertised. TSMM was at 90 minutes by this point so we skipped it and headed to ST which was at 20 minutes at 9:05am.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't find it anywhere on the boards.

On Sunday, 4/14, HS has an Extra Magic hour from 8-9 a.m. There is no Early Morning Magic this day.
This is the Sunday before Easter, so crowds will be a little crazy. I am wondering how long the Slinky Dog line might be if we arrived around 7:15 a.m. for the 8-9 extra magic hour, and booked it straight there.

Since no one can book Fast Passes during the extra magic hour, does the line move any faster?

Would you recommend doing that versus rope dropping it another day?

My options are:

1. Try (and possibly not get) a Fast Pass for our group of 4. We are onsite.
2. Rope drop SDD on a non-extra magic hour day
3. Get to SDD on the Sunday I mentioned for morning extra magic hour, when there's no early morning magic event.

Leaning towards option 3, but would love some input. Thanks!

I would go with 3 and try to FP...you’ll want to ride twice

Just don't do #2, its the least fav option assuming you mean a non-emh day. This option has you competing with everyone who did get a FP for the first hour the park is open. Also, remember there is great success to be had by modifying your FP the night before &/or the morning of to get EXACTLY the time YOU want, not just picking from the leftovers.

Others may be luckier than I am, but I was not able to get a SDD FP for 2 at 60+4. I was online right at 7 a.m. but nothing. I was also not able to get one by refreshing closer to time. We just RDed on a normal day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter