HELP! Where to take DBF's DMom

DisKate

DIS Veteran
Ok here's the problem. My boyfriend's mom is treating us to a Disney Spring Break, so we want to do something nice for her in return (she's going with us). We already have reservations at Chef Mickey's (she loves the Mouse) but are wondering if there is somewhere else we should take her since we went there the last time we went.

Any suggestions?

How about Jiko's at the AKL? I've read GREAT reviews on this place and the filet w/ mac 'n cheese has caught my eye. It wasn't even a place I was interested in until I saw it scanning reviews. Plus it'll give me a reason to visit AKL.

My dad and mom both LOVED Boma, the buffet over at Animal Kingdom Lodge. In fact, we're going again in March, and my dad insisted we go there at least once, if not more, and everyone in our party loved it. It's a buffet, but unconventional with lots of interesting things on it.

My parents also loved the Primetime 50's Diner at MGM. My dad was put in the corner for being a bad boy, my mom had the entire restaurant wave their finger at her and call her a liar (long story) and my sister was playfully forced to eat her string beans. Plus, the food was really good!

Some Suggestions:
Wave- good food
Kona Cafe- good food
GF Cafe -Good Food
CP- good food & fun
Ohanna - good food
1900 Park Fare - good food & fun
Teppen Edo- good food & fun
Coral Reef - good food & fun
Tutto- good food
LC- good food
50's Prime Time- good food & fun
WCC - good food & fun
HDDR- good food & a lot of fun
BYBBQ - good food & a lot of fun

If she's my parents' age, she'll love 50s Prime Time with the decor.

Or how about Grand Floridian Cafe?

How about Jiko's at the AKL? I've read GREAT reviews on this place and the filet w/ mac 'n cheese has caught my eye. It wasn't even a place I was interested in until I saw it scanning reviews. Plus it'll give me a reason to visit AKL.

Jiko could def. be a possibility since she has wanted to see AKL and hasn't been there before....We will probably keep Chef Mickey's as well, simply because she likes the characters....I should probably have mentioned that she isn't a big eater, most of the time she just snacks, which makes it hard to pick out something that would be special for her....

How about something a little different at the Boardwalk like Flying Fish Cafe or Spoodles. That being said you can never go wrong with Boma or the experience of JIKO.

Ok here's the problem. My boyfriend's mom is treating us to a Disney Spring Break, so we want to do something nice for her in return (she's going with us). We already have reservations at Chef Mickey's (she loves the Mouse) but are wondering if there is somewhere else we should take her since we went there the last time we went.

Any suggestions?

If she likes peaceful and upscale feeling, go to the Brown Derby in HS. You don't see many people talking about it but it's great. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup2
I believe that we have made our decision...We are going to do dinner at Chef Mickey's and take the Keys to the Kingdom tour :cool1:
Thanks for the suggestions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter