HELP - WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY AIRFARE????

coconutsunshine

DIS Veteran
Hi all fellow Canadians, I need airfare advice!!! When is the sweet spot to book airfare, ie how many weeks out?????

We live in Ottawa and have flown out of Syracuse exclusively for the last 5 years. We are planning to fly out of Ottawa this May but I have no idea when the sweet spot is to book my airfare. There is a sale on currently that ends tonight, do you think this is the best time to book? If I wait will the airfare get better because to be honest its not that great right now? Oh, flying to Fort Lauderdale this time for a cruise, Disney in August!!

THANKS for any help any of you can provide!!!

I book jetblue as soon as the dates are released. It seems to me, they only go up from there. We too fly out of Syracuse.

As someone who does over 100 flights a year, earlier is not anyways better. Both major Canadian airlines let you book about a year out. However, the fares at that time will be a generic fare that is often quite high. The times and equipment you will be flying on also have a high likelyhood of changing. It's not fun to book flights and then for a year plan your trip for arriving at noon, only to have notification 2 months out that you now arrive at 10 pm. Too late however is even worse. My advice is to reply start looking g hard 180 days out. There's an app called hopper I highly suggest you get. It monitors, and predicts based on history for any trip and days you pick. Amazing app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter