Help!! We Leave In 15 Days,ta Said I Don't Need A Passport, Now What?

kg66

DIS Veteran
Now What Do I Do? My Ta Told Me When I Booked Our 7 Day Land & Sea, That I Did Not Require A Passport, I Asked Twice. Now, 15 Days Away, This Forum Says I Do? Please Someone Help!! I Know I Won't Sleep Tonight. I Don't Dare Say Anything To Hubby Until I Hear From Someone Out There. You Can Best Bet I'll Be On The Phone First Thing In The Am With The Dear Ta!! Any Info Appreciated

I am also a TA and you DO NOT need a passport if you are a Canadian or American citizen. I have taken two DCL in the past two years and did not have a passport. You require a valid birth certificate (not a birth registration - but the actual birth certificate) and a government issued photo identification..............Have a great trip!

Enjoy every moment! :flower1:

Teresa

YOU HAVE SAVED A VALUABLE NIGHT'S SLEEP!! I WAS WONDERING HOW I WAS GOING TO EXPLAIN THIS TO HUBBY, AND DD-7 DD-4. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU..... :jumping4:

I CALLED THE TA AND SHE PUT MY MIND AT EASE AS WELL! SHE SAID SHE'S DONE DCL TWICE, NO PASSPORT REQ'D, AND THEY HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING DIFFERENT FROM DCL. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANY PROBLEMS? THANKS, 14 DAYS AND COUNTING :jumping4:

2005-7 DAY LAND(CBR) & SEA(DISNEY WONDER)
2004- FORT WILDERNESS
1981-OFF PROPERTY

Passports currently not required, but definitely recommended. If you don't have one I wouldn't panic 2 weeks prior trying to get one, but I always recommend that clients carry a passport.

Thanks For The Info! When We Get Back, I'm Going To Get Passports For The 4 Of Us, So I Never Have To Feel Like This Again!!! This Way When I Talk Dh Into Another Dcl Next Year:-) It Won't Be A Problem!

I've Got 3 Travel Agents Telling Me Not To Stress About The Passport Thing, With Only 14 Days To Go, That It's Not Necessary, And Timon Sends Me This Whole Thread With The Passport Of Canada Link, Stating If You're Going On A Cruise You Need A Passport, Well Travel Agents And Other Canadian Cruisers, What Is It? I'm Either Not Going To Sleep Tonight Or I'm Going To Throw Up!! Please Somebody Help!!!

HI There,

I am sure that the TA's know what they are recommending to their client's after that is their speciality.

IF you want an ease of mind..I would contact a passport office and ask them the question...may I go with our birth certificates or do I require passports?

I believe you still have time to request rush passports..they will cost more though.

I think you are fine the way you are...You have three TA's confirming the information..for sanity sake contact a passport office in the morning.
Another thing you can do is call another TA and go through the motions that you are interested in purchasing a cruise...Ask them the question and see what they answer.

Don't worry things ALWAYS work out in the end.

Have a safe and wonderful cruise
Vivian

THANKS FOR CALMING ME DOWN! I'LL CALL THE PASSPORT OFFICE IN THE AM, AS WELL AS ANOTHER TA, I E-MAILED DCL TONIGHT AFTER I POSTED, AND AM WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM THEM. I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I HEAR IN THE AM. :bitelip:

Sorry, didn't mean to make you freak out, just wanted to show you what I had heard, just so that you are prepared. I would hate for you to get to the port and then not be allowed passage since you do not have a passport.

Let us know what DCL says, and if they write you back telling you that you don't need a passport, print it out and take it with you!!!

Okay, I hope for your sake, it's not true but I found this on the Canadian Consular Affairs website:

Transit for Cruises

Many Canadians enter the United States on their way to join sea cruises to other countries. You must have a valid Canadian passport for such a trip. Some of the countries you may be visiting will not permit entry without a passport. A passport is also important to re-enter the United States at the end of the cruise.

Ship authorities may retain your passport during the cruise, in accordance with their own administrative regulations and to facilitate clearance with U.S. Immigration. Passengers should obtain a receipt for their passport, and the passport should be returned at the end of the cruise.

Here is the website:
http://www.voyage.gc.ca/main/pubs/usa_bound-en.asp

She's just going on the 3 or 4 day cruise, for which the only ports are the Bahamas and Castaway Cay. Neither of those requires a passport although the Bahamas, as with the US, would really like people to have them.

Sorry I did not have time to read all the replies but if you need a passport right away go get your photo's taken at COSCO or a photo shop. get the papers and fill in the blanks and have it signed by a Police officer, Doctor, Post master or member of the clergy etc. and go in in person to get it done. This way it will be done right away. It is still a pain in the but. I would recomend you contact them right away to get better details inorder to expadite the process. For sure though you have to go in in person to get it done right away. and don't forget all your ID.

HEY THERE,
THANKS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE WHO HAVE SENT THREADS TO TRY AND HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT, YES, EVEN YOU TIMON, AS YOU SAY,"YOU FREAKED ME OUT" BUT THAT'S OK. I CALLED MY TA THIS MORNING, SHE CHECKED MY TRAVEL DOCS THAT HAD JUST ARRIVED THIS MORNING, ATTACHED TO IT WAS A DOCUMENT THAT SAID: US/CAN CITIZENS MUST PROVIDE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING TO PROVE CITIZENSHIP: A VALID PASSPORT, ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE WITH A PIECE OF PICTURE ID, OR A NATURALIZATION CERTIFICATE(I THINK THIS IS A GREEN CARD). I WAS STILL LEARY, SO SHE CALLED HOLIDAY HOUSE IN TORONTO WHERE SHE BOOKED OUR LAND & SEA VACA., THEY TOLD HER THE SAME THING...NO PASSPORT REQ'D. I NO SOONER GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH OUR WONDERFUL TA, DEB, WHO NOW THINKS I'M LOSING MY MIND, BUT THAT'S OK, 'CAUSE I'M SURE BY NOW I AM, AND SHE SAID SHE KNEW I DIDN'T SOUND CONVINCED SO SHE CALLED DCL HERSELF FOR ME, AND DALIA@DCL VERIFIED THAT WE DO NOT NEED A PASSPORT!! :jumping4: BUT CAN YOU GUESS WHAT I'M DOING THE WEEK WE GET BACK....YOU GUESSED IT. ANYWAY, WATCH FOR MY POST THE WEEK OF FEB14/05 WHEN WE GET BACK AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW BOARDING AND DEBARKING GOES WITHOUT A PASSPORT. THANKS TO ALL. :moped: :earboy2: :boat:

Have a wonderful cruise and be thankful you didn't have to spend all that money on Passports when they are not required! Go to the shops on Deck 4 and spend it there instead!

have Fun!

Teresa

kg66,

Well I am glad that things worked out for you. I was just passing along some information that is posted on the DCL Forum here at the DIS Boards. I'm sorry if you "freaked out" but you were obviously already freaked out hence your post about the whole thing.

When we cruised for the first time in 2002, I checked, double checked and then triple checked our need for passports, but I made sure I did that 8 months before our sail date, not 14 days prior. Better safe than sorry!

Have a great trip, you will love the cruise! :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter