Help w/ Restaurant tips

tclowe

Mouseketeer
Hi, we will be at DLP in 2 weeks!!! Yippee! Now, need help with food issues.

1) Should i call and get meal coupons? Will I easily spend 28 euros per person at Auberge de Cendrillion (we don't drink alcohol)? What if our meal exceeds the coupon, do we pay the difference? Is it true that Auberge is not open on Tuesdays & Wednesdays?

2) What about meal reservations for Walt's or Blue Lagoon? Seems people on the net don't rave about the food of both places, just the atmosphere and/or location of the restaurants. Some even complain about the service at Walt's. What is your opinion?

3) What about eating at Hunter's Grill or Yacht Club? Either worth trying?

4) Is Billy Bob at Disney village a complete buffet meal so that you pay one price and can eat all you want?

5) Any eating recommendations for Disney Studios?

Thanks for any help. Cynthia

The menu at the Blue Lagoon doesn't offer a great deal for people who would want a plain down to earth meal but if you like well presented and imgaintaive seafood then you'll love it.

Last time I went I had Red Snapper and Emperor Fish on Bamboo and it was gorgeous. Nice wines oo if I remember correctly.

I'd book - whenever we've gone we've not been able to go on the day but booked for the next day. It's worth going to once, even just for lunch.

Only time I've been to Walt's was for a character breakfast where the food and service were both top notch.

Hi Cynthia,

28 euros is the price of the set meal at the Auberge - it would be easy to go over that if you ordered 3 courses a la carte. Your meal coupons are simply deducted from the total bill at the end and any difference settled by cash or charge in the normal way whatever you order.

Yes it's true different restaurants close in rotation through the week.

I have only eaten at Walt's once and the food and service were good and while the view over Main St is impressive if you get a window table there wasn't much atmosphere - but it was a quiet lunchtime so it may be better if it's busier.

I asked the concierge to recommend somewhere to book for lunch in the studios and his advice was to return to the hotel or to the main park!!

regards

Alec:bounce:

If you go to laughingplace.com and scroll down the Paris board, you will eventually come to the post where daveswasbaloo has reviewed every single restaurant in the two parks. This may be helpful.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, Disney Studios' list of restaurants looked weak. We are staying for 4 days so no big deal to leave the Studio to have lunch at Disney Village and go back in.

Can't Wait!

Forgot to ask everyone what, if any, is the dress code for dining at Auberge de Cendrillion or Walt's or California Grill.

There's no dress code at Walt's or ADC. I wore jeans and a short sleeve shirt for lunch. The California Grill is more formal in the evening. I would probably guess at trousers, a shirt with a collar, maybe a tie. I think the set menu was around 90 Euros a head at CG.

Alec :earsboy:

thanks Bubblefactory. Wow, 90 euros per person at California Grill. I hope that includes a glass of wine with the meal!

I don't think I'll be paying 90 Euros to eat at DLP! I've been to Paris twice and in my (limited) experience, I've found it almost impossible to get a BAD meal in France. The chwarmas and crepes from the street vendors are to die for ... I don't think we'll feel the need to spend that much for a good meal!

It's a bit steep I agree but you get four courses. My favourite option is the Inventions Character buffet at 48 euros per adult. Excellent all you can eat 5* food. I've already got a PS for New Year's Eve for this one and have been known to eat here 3 times in a 5 night trip.

Alec

:bounce:

I totally agree with Alec - make sure you give Inventions a try. I think the atmosphere is great and there is a big selection of delicious really fresh food on the buffet. It's a great chance to meet the characters too. California Grill is superb, maybe worth a visit on your last night? It isn't cheap, but the food and service is stunning.

Richard. :)

Is the US dollar actually worse than I thought?

At WDW or DLR, you would pay $30 at the most for an adult character dinner ...using the worst exchange rate I've seen lately, that would be under 35 Euro. Why is Inventions 48 Euro? Does that seem incredibly steep to Europeans, or just to me?

Does that seem incredibly steep to Europeans, or just to me?
I'm with you. At today's exchange rate that is almost $54. $54 for a character buffet :earseek:. I'm glad we'll only be at DLP for a couple days next summer. Looks like I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that food over there is very expensive compared to prices in the US parks. Oh well...................

That's incredible ... US theme park food is outrageous ... and for DLP food to be even more expensive! I'll just have to pretend I can't do the math and that I don't know how much I'm really spending. (Sort of like at the State Fair ...you have to buy everything with coupons that cost 50 cents each. So when I'm buying a coke for 8 coupons, I have to fool myself into not realizing that I'm paying $4 for a coke.)

Of course, with the Euro, an American tourist can no longer get into that neverneverland with currency - you know, where you trade your money in France, then trade that money when you go to Belgium, and then trade that money when you go to the Netherlands.....

The character buffet in the park is only 30euros at the Lucky Nugget Saloon and the buffet at Plaza gardens ( no characters ) is 25 euros. Other counter service restaurants are available with food from 8 - 15 euros.

we think the food in the US is much better value than in UK/Europe that's why we like WDW so much but we pay DLP prices because it's much nearer for short trips.

Alec:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!