Help w hotel please

Beezle2

Hi-Yah!
I've been looking over my plans and after reading this board a bit I'm thinking I need to be onsite while we do U/IOA. My dates are Dec 27, 28, 29, 30. Are there an discounts or codes someone could share with me please? I haven't found any and the prices on the Universal website are scary! I do have a fan club card if that helps. A big Thank You to anyone who takes the time to help :D I really appreciate it!

alisa

That will probably be a busy time, so I don't know if they'll have discount rates available at this point. Call 1-800-Be A Star and ask if the fan club or any other discounts are available for your dates.

Thanks for the replies :)

I called Universal reservations and got a standard rate of $219 per nite ($244 w/tax) The lady I spoke with said there were no discounts available for my time frame but that some may come out in late Nov or early Dec as the hotel gets a better look at their occupancy. I put 4 nights at RPH on hold but have to call back by 4 pm today to put down a deposit. I'm not sure if I should reserve them or just wait to see if the rates go down.

Does anyone have an idea of what the RPH considers a discount rate at that time of the year? I think I would want the room for about $150 or so to commit.

again many thanks :)

p.s. My other option would be free rooms at a near by hotel provided by a friend but its that FOTL access at this busy time that is really causing me to consider staying onsite. Does the U/IOA Fastpass system work well enough that I should just take the free rooms and quit worrying? We will be at U/IOA for 5 days so maybe we will get everything done?

alisa

Wow! FREE hotel rooms - now that is worth considering. Those are really busy days, but with the money you would be saving on hotel rooms you could buy an Express Plus pass for every day. I haven't personally used this, but people have reported good luck with them. This is a pass that you buy (probably $25 each for those dates) and you can use the Express line once per (most) attraction per day. Each person in your party would need a pass. You could also utilize the free Express Passes that are available in the parks in addition to the Express Plus. I hear these (free ones) run out fairly early in the day for popular attractions, though.

That being said, my family really enjoys staying onsite. You do have to consider the cost of Express Plus passes and daily parking ($8 or more, I think) to decide which would be best for you. Staying onsite is really fun and convenient and you have unlimited Express line priviledges.

There are others on this board who can give you more specific information on prices, etc. and links to helpful info. I am not good at the "link" thing!

We were in the parks on your dates last year and the crowds were quite large but that sort of added to the fun. The decorations were beautiful and the parade, Grinch, etc. were so much fun!

You will have a great time whichever option you choose!

Nan

I say take the free rooms and use the money to have a few treats on vacation over 5 days u should be able to enjoy the parks and use the free pass system:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter