Help us pick a time to visit this fall!

TIGGER1981

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

My husband and I are trying to plan an anniversary trip this fall. Our anniversary is November 12...but we are open to other weeks...

We want to try to avoid the race crowds, assuming the Food and wine marathon Nov 1-4th is as big as the others?

We would like to enjoy the food and wine festival. ( Ends Nov 12)

I’ve been in October years ago, I enjoyed the fall decorations and had fun at MNSSHP.

We obviously want to avoid Thanksgiving crowds and the “Jersey week” sounds crowded too. I’ve only ever heard it’s crowded.

So, when would you suggest is a fairly quiet time? I know with ToyStory land there won’t be any “quiet times”

So, is there a good week before the holidays hit?

Thanks for any help!

I don't think the last week of October is too bad - we went in 2016 that week and thought the crowds were very manageable. The week after Thanksgiving is also a great time to go from what I've read, but that's obviously after the holidays have started.

I just want to say Happy Anniversary! My wedding anniversary is also November 12th - good day to get married. :)

We're trying September for the 1st time in about 10 years to avoid crowds in October. If you book by July 7, you can still get in on the 'Free Dining' offer or the Enchanted offers. F & W is going on at that time as well and so is the MNSSHP.

Other than the first week we’ve experienced all of October and that month has simply become way too busy for us.

Last year we went for the first 2 weeks of November and while the parks were certainly not empty the crowds were a HUGE improvement over our October visits.

I do agree with above posters, the week after US Thanksgiving is a great time to visit but Food & Wine will be long gone. You will however have a multitude of Christmas offerings available and EPCOT even has holiday food booths - a mini F&W.

We always go the 2 weeks after TG, arriving Saturday after. It is a great time because weather is great (though this past year was hot) and holiday offerings have all started. Epcot also has holidays around the world which includes a mini food festival, with holiday food booths. This used to be an uncrowded time, but has been getting more crowded every year. Still like it though, going again this year.

For my money, the week after Thanksgiving is just about perfect. The weather is warmer than at home in New York, but it's not oppressively hot and humid like it is in the summer. I'm comfy in jeans and tees during the day and bring a hoodie for after dark. The Thanksgiving crowds are gone, the Christmas crowds haven't come yet, and crowd levels are on the lower side if you plan your parks right, generally speaking. All the Christmas decorations are up, and the Candlelight Processional and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party are running.

I haven't been during this timeframe in almost five years, but we went from the end of October through the first week of November and really enjoyed it. I'm fairly certain "Jersey Week" fell on that week, but I don't think it affected us much.

What I really like about that week is the party schedule -- and the break in party nights. If you time it right, you could potentially go to the last MNSHHP as well as the first MVMCP (if that's your thing). AND there is a about a week without any parties, which means you don't have to deal with 6pm closings at MK half the week and insane nighttime MK crowds on the non-party nights.

Well, if you are determined to enjoy Food & Wine, I would recommend September. It's still really hot, though.
DH and I went last November the week before Thanksgiving and it was awesome! Seriously beautiful weather with very little humidity.
Depending on where you want to stay, you should maybe check for availability. A trip for this fall is starting to get to be a bit "last minute."

OP listen to me... :) We were there the last week of October last year (2017) and it was not a crowded mess. It had crowds, but completely manageable and a lot of fun. I'd say from 10/23 on is a great time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter