Help!! Suggustions for kid-friendly dining

chemteacher

Earning My Ears
We have planned a sort of mini-family reunion at Disney for the first week of Dec. We have decided that this trip is entirely for the kids (three boys 11, 9, and almost 3 and one girl 6). We need suggestions for restaurants that would appeal to the kids. Character meals are fine, but we prefer no buffets (unless some are "not to be missed)". Please keep in mind that the six year old girl is the only one in our party that has never been to WDW and the boys are very laid-back and will do whatever--also we are staying at BWI if that can help with the suggestions. I'm thanking everyone in advance.
Thanks again, Gina

My dd doesn't think a trip to DW is complete without Chef Mickey's. She likes to see the monorail go through the Contemporary Resort. It's a nice way to start a vacation with some Disney magic without using a park pass (if you are arriving late in the day like we did).

Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip n Dale and Donald was there in May and August as a special guest. We enjoy the prime rib, peel and eat shrimp, and the 'good' chicken fingers as my daughter calls them. We think it's a pretty good meal. Desserts are pretty awesome for a buffet as well (pretty good carrot and chocolate moose cakes!)

This past trip we FINALLY tried O'Hannas at the Polynesian Resort and LOVED it. We asked for a window seat and waited until one was available. It was a kid friendly atmosphere, went well with our recent viewing of Lilo and Stitch, and had games for the kids. I'm sure there are other reviews on the food at O'hanas but we were all defintely satisified with the choices.

I (and my kids ages 3 & 5) loved The Garden Grill in Epcot and I bet you would all have a really good time at Whispering Canyon

I (and my kids ages 3 & 5) loved The Garden Grill in Epcot and I bet you would all have a really good time at Whispering Canyon

Our older children (DS-15, DS-11, and DD-9) really got a kick out of Sci-Fi Dine-In. The food wasn't fabulous, but they loved the atmosphere and the corny film clips.

I would also try to get into CRT for breakfast one morning. Most 6 year old girls would love this, and eating in the castle is such a neat experience. We loved it!

Hope you have a great trip!

Ohana's Character Breakfast is good - it is all you eat served 'family style' at the table. They also have a 'parade' around the restaurant with the kids & characters.
We always have fun at Prime Time in MGM!! Make sure you wash your hands before you eat!!!!!!
How about the Hoop Dee Doo??!!??

Thanks all! I had actually thought of trying for CRT just for the excitement of seeing what happens. Just out of curiousity, what has been your success rate for PS there. Prime Time sounds fun too. Does anyone have any specific experiences to share about it? How does Prime Time compare to Sci-Fi?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter