• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help planning my park days, for Animal kingdom

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
We have a fairly short trip coming up. I thought I had it all planned out but not I'm of course reconsidering everything. I am still about a month away from FP so I have time to change my mind.

Days 1-3 6 adults 1 3 year old
Days 4-6 2 adults 1 3 year old

Original plan was day 2 AK in the AM then Epcot, with FP for Epcot skip FoP.
Day 4 pool in the am with an 1150 beaches and cream reservation and Epcot afternoon with fireworks.

Days 3 and 5 are full MK days. Day 1 is half day HS and day 6 is breakfast maybe pool and head home. I don't think I want to change this but open to suggestions.

Change option 1) day 4 change the morning to AK so DH can do FoP (hopefully with FP) spend a bit of a 2nd morning here but be back for lunch at beaches and cream.

Change option 2) do full day Epcot on day 2, and do full day at AK day 4, skip beaches and cream or try for a different reservation

Change option 3) day 2 EMH 8-9 am at AK try to rope drop FoP so everyone can ride and leave plan basically the same.

Am I missing other options? What is the best option? What do you recomend?

Last edited:
If you're going to try to do the early EMH at AK so everyone can ride, can everyone get up and be AT the gates of AK by 7:00-7:15? If that can't be accomplished, then I wouldn't choose that option.

I don't see any plans for Day 3. You could try for FP+ for that day for FoP (of course try for day 2, but day 3 has a better chance).

I think Option #2 but it depends on whether the other adults want to see AK or just spend the whole day at EPCOT. Have they ever been to WDW before? If they are really only doing those couple days, they might not want to spend time traveling between parks. (But I'm biased as I never park-hopped when we were here on vacation, and I could only see myself doing it now that I live here and am an AP.) If they are happy doing just EPCOT on day 2, then I'd pick Option #2 and give a full day to each park for yourselves.

Your 3 yr old might really enjoy the animal exhibits, and you can take your time to see them thoroughly if you have a full day at AK.

If you're going to try to do the early EMH at AK so everyone can ride, can everyone get up and be AT the gates of AK by 7:00-7:15? If that can't be accomplished, then I wouldn't choose that option.

I don't see any plans for Day 3. You could try for FP+ for that day for FoP (of course try for day 2, but day 3 has a better chance).

Oops! Adjusted the post I had day 2 twice but it's day 3 our other full MK day.

I think Option #2 but it depends on whether the other adults want to see AK or just spend the whole day at EPCOT. Have they ever been to WDW before? If they are really only doing those couple days, they might not want to spend time traveling between parks. (But I'm biased as I never park-hopped when we were here on vacation, and I could only see myself doing it now that I live here and am an AP.) If they are happy doing just EPCOT on day 2, then I'd pick Option #2 and give a full day to each park for yourselves.

Your 3 yr old might really enjoy the animal exhibits, and you can take your time to see them thoroughly if you have a full day at AK.

We have all been often, but not since FoP opened. Riding this for DH is pretty important, have to follow up with everyone else if it's important for them too.

I think everyone but DD would love a full Epcot day, was planning on day 4 our full Epcot day to be a late start pool in the AM relax etc. I do try and leave the days open, and try to take it as it comes.

However making sure DH rides FoP is starting to give me anxiety.

My personal preference is to book FP+ for FoP the LAST hour it is open, because seeing Pandora after dark is just so amazing. (we are Avatar fans). On short trips, this means another park in the morning with no FP, or seeing Disney Springs. Then heading to AK at around 4-5 pm, for FoP, Everest, the Safari. Can often get on Dinosaur.

Other option would be getting to AK earlier, to enjoy the shows as well.

My personal preference is to book FP+ for FoP the LAST hour it is open, because seeing Pandora after dark is just so amazing. (we are Avatar fans). On short trips, this means another park in the morning with no FP, or seeing Disney Springs. Then heading to AK at around 4-5 pm, for FoP, Everest, the Safari. Can often get on Dinosaur.

Other option would be getting to AK earlier, to enjoy the shows as well.

Interesting, maybe I will change up day 2 and see if I can get a late FP for FoP... thanks for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter