Help - One night in Orlando

RKB

DIS Veteran
I will arrive with my kids (10 and 15) on a Friday at about 3:30 in the afternoon in Orlando. We are staying at the Hyatt at the airport. Once we check in it may realistically be about 4 to 430. We don't want to be in Orlando and not do anything, but most of the parks appear to close around 7:30 (this will be in January). We have already been to all of the Disney Parks. We thought about running to Universal Studios, but won't have much time there. Does anyone have any better ideas of what we can do in Orlando for the evening? I would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

January is the peak of off season, you're going to have a hard time finding anything open late, but I would suggest Downtown Disney as a good target, Ghiardellis, maybe a movie.

Hi RKB.

. Does anyone have any better ideas of what we can do in Orlando for the evening?

You can try WonderWorks. They offer some kind of magic dinner show (or something to that effect) in the evening...

A few suggestions:

Character Dinner at Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary

Movie at AMC, Disney's West Side

Disney Quest-maybe open later?

Dinner at Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney

Shopping at Downtown Disney

Cirque du Soleil!!

Disney Mini-Golf

Shopping at outlets

I agree with Downtown Disney and a Character dinner! Then you will feel like you spent your first day at Disney! We always spend our last half day at Downtown Disney it really finishes or starts off a great day! Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks for the feedback. I want to plan carefully so that we don't waste any of our precious vacation time!

We love having dinner at King Henry's Feast.
It is a fun dinner show that adults and kids alike enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter