Help, non-morning family and Genie+, summer crowd questions

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
So how do non-morning families tour Disney now? We haven’t been back since the summer of 2019. Until Covid we were a family who went to Disney every summer. We’re more concerned about the added stress of how Genie+ works. We are a family who likes to sleep in, go to the pool and then go to the parks in the afternoon. We’re absolutely not morning people and especially not on vacation. Any strategies or tips on how to do this now?

Is it really as as crowded as we’re reading? When we looks at the app the lines not match what we’re hearing about crowds.
Thanks for your help

My take is that you can set up your lightning lanes for later in the day??? I know the app is crazy and the times offered changed a lot when you go through the screens, but that would be my opinion.

At least one person in your party is going to have to get up early at 7am to book your first G+, then book another 2 hours after the park opens. When booking you can choose later times in the day to "stack" them for later in the day.

...or if you want more sleep for everyone just book your first G+ for later in the day when the first person wakes up... then book the next one two hours after that (or two hours after park opening, whichever is later). G+ is less effective this way, but the tradeoff is more sleep for all.

Dan

At least one person in your party is going to have to get up early at 7am to book your first G+, then book another 2 hours after the park opens. When booking you can choose later times in the day to "stack" them for later in the day.

...or if you want more sleep for everyone just book your first G+ for later in the day when the first person wakes up... then book the next one two hours after that (or two hours after park opening, whichever is later). G+ is less effective this way, but the tradeoff is more sleep for all.

Dan
If I can ask you a question regarding the bolded above.. I have not found a definitive answer anywhere. Is it 2 hours after official park opening to the general public or 2 hours after early entry begins for on-site guests? I would be an on-site guest. Thank you ☺️

So how do non-morning families tour Disney now? We haven’t been back since the summer of 2019. Until Covid we were a family who went to Disney every summer. We’re more concerned about the added stress of how Genie+ works. We are a family who likes to sleep in, go to the pool and then go to the parks in the afternoon. We’re absolutely not morning people and especially not on vacation. Any strategies or tips on how to do this now?

Is it really as as crowded as we’re reading? When we looks at the app the lines not match what we’re hearing about crowds.
Thanks for your help

Crowds are weird to describe right now. I was there in late April and the wait times definitely did not jive with the crowds.

I think that the entertainment/dining not being fully returned is definitely a factor.

I did have one day where I stacked my return times in the afternoon. I was up before 7 because that's when I wake up but I was able to roll back over after I got the first one.

If I can ask you a question regarding the bolded above.. I have not found a definitive answer anywhere. Is it 2 hours after official park opening to the general public or 2 hours after early entry begins for on-site guests? I would be an on-site guest. Thank you ☺️
If not park hopping it's easy, it's definitely 2 hours after the official opening of the park you made a reservation for.

Park hopping:
However if you are park hopping it gets tricky. Your second G+ booking time depends on which park you made your first G+ reservation for. For instance...
You have a park reservation for Magic Kingdom which opens at 9am and hopping after 2pm to Epcot which opens at 8:30am.
1) If at 7am if you book a G+ for a ride in Epcot after the 2pm hopping time, then your next G+ will be available to book at 10:30am (8:30 + 2 hours) since your first G+ was booked for Epcot.
or...
2) If at 7 am if you book a G+ for a ride in MK for 12pm then your next G+ booking time will be available at 11am (9am + 2 hours)

Having said all that, if you have a reservation for MK I suggest trying to find a G+ within the first hour or so of park opening, and then making another immediately after tapping in, and continue to do that throughout the day.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter