Help Needed, Please

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Ok. I have most of the places I want to dine picked out, but I now need 2 more table service places (on the MYW dining plan for 10 days). 1 at/near EPCOT & 1 at/near the Magic Kingdom. Oh, and is there any good counter service places at MGM? This is a solo trip and I'm a pretty picky eater. Where else should I dine? Which places should I avoid? The following is where I already want to go for either lunch or dinner:

Sunshine Season
Rose & Crown
Crystal Palace
Boulangeri Patisserie
Concourse Steakhouse
Tusker House
50's Primetime
Boardwalk Bakery
Cape May Buffet
Casey's
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern

How is the Coral Reef? What about the Garden Grill or Spoodles?

How about Artist Point or Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL or California Grill at the Contemporary? You might also like Flying Fish on the Boardwalk a short walk from the International Gateway at Epcot.

Have a great trip!
Dawna

At or near MK, I would pick either O'Hana, California Grill or Kona Cafe. As far as Epcot, we really like Coral Reef, we've eaten there twice. Its pricey and the portions are not huge but they have wonderful desserts and since you are on the dining plan who cares if its pricey? Get the lobster bisque for your appetizer, it is so good! Our server told us they are the only restaurant besides the one in France that has their own pastry chef. The atmosphere is really nice too. I also love Sci Fi at MGM. Its not that much more than cs, if you don't mind paying out of pocket since you are using a credit for Prime Time. Its fun to go in there for just dessert even, I love those movie clips. Rosies, which I think is part of the Sunshine Fair thing has decent burgers for cs at MGM. There's three or four places in there, a turkey leg place, McD's fries and a fruit cart I think, plus Rosies which has burgers. They aren't bad. Good luck with your choices!

DawnaJean, Thanks for the info. I have the WCC on my list, so I'm ok there. I looked at the menu at Artist Point and it did not appeal to me (but thank you for the suggestion). I was looking at the CG, but that's 2 TS credits.

Any&Dan, Glad to hear you liked the Coral Reef. Ate there once a few years ago and thought it was good. As this is a solo trip, I'm going to pass on O'hana's, as it's so much food for just one person. I tried Kona in 2002 and did not care for it, but may give it another try. Glad to hear about Rosie's too.

We ate at Coral Reef when were were there a few weeks ago and it was great! I have heard some bad things about it lately but I thought the food was good. I had the baked potato stuffed with shrimp, the lobster soup, and cheesecake. The cheesecake was to die for! :)

CS at MGM. There is this great little place beside ToT that is good...if you want like hamburgers, turkey legs, hot dogs that kind of thing. We don't do a lot of CS when we are not on the dining plan so I am not real familiar with them. We didn't care for the woody pizza place at all.

How is Chef's de France? What about Alfredo's or Garden Grill?

Spoodles would be a great choice for the day you want something near Epcot. The food is wonderful as is the service. We have eaten there every trip since they opened.

If Chef's De France is only 1 credit, it would be well worth it, but I doubt that it is. Alfredo's used to be above average Italian until so many places became like them and just passed them by! But if you want the best Alfredo I have ever tasted, then it's the place for you. Since this is a solo trip, you might want to double up and do CG with 2 and pick another place to pay cash such as any of the ethnic CS in Epcot. Want to eat like your on the South Beach Diet? Go to Morocco. Or maybe just graze and try the around the world sampler! Just stop at each country and either eat or drink something until you just can't do anymore! We tried, Rainbow Margharita in Mexico, School bread and mousse in Norway, Eiswein in Germany, etc. It's fun, filling and it can be decadent.

Alan

Terk-1Any&Dan said:

Actually after I posted about Kona, I read some not so great reviews about it! It seems a lot of Kona lovers have been disappointed lately. I just remember having some chicken sandwich with sweet potato chips and my dh had Salmon BLT that was really unique and delicious. And then there's the desserts! I would still go there again. And O'Hana is way too much food. I love it but when I have to pay full price for my 11 year old son and a kids price for my 9 year old, and they end spending the whole night doing coconut races and eating very little, its frustrating!

And as for Rosies, get the burger at Rosies but get the fries next door at the McD's frie station! Rosie's fries are nasty and when you eat them while smelling the McD's fries it makes them even more tasteless!

I have found no good counter serves at MGM. Sci Fi is good for burgers and shakes.
Another vote for O'Hana.........it's near MK and we really enjoy the coconut races and hula lessons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter