• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP!! Need the low down on Holiday dining

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
I just made ressies this morning at Y/C Concierge for the week of Christmas (12/20-12/26). Can someone explain to me the CP dinner package and the cost. Also, what about Christmas dinner suggestions. Any place I should avoid?? We loved Liberty Tree Tavern last fall and wouldn't mind Christmas dinner there. Do they do anything special Christmas day.

Thanks a bunch.

Vicki

Bump...I'm not having a lot of luck with my questions today. I guess I'll use the search.

Vicki, a search to explain the Candlelight Processional is probably a good idea. I know I couldn't do justice to it here. But it is WONDERFUL! We like the dinner package and find it good value.

The Magic Kingdom is very crowded on Christmas Day and I think I would avoid dinner there but that's me. The CP dinner package, a resort dinner or even Hoopde Doo would be my choice before MK. California Grill sounds great that day. We did Citricos for Christmas Eve and Rose and Crown for CP last year. Narcoossee's or Artist Point would be other nice options I think. V&A would be very special if it's just adults or older kids.

I'm also going Christmas week, and this is what I've learned...- The most crowded day of the year at the MK is Christmas- They often close the parks to newly arriving guests before noon, so if you aren't in the park before they close it, then you won't get in for LTT---and if you don't have a PS somewhere, you will be eating in the food court of your hotel because all of the sitdowns will be crowded. (And yes, Concierge can do magic, but in the past they have been unable to get last minute PS for us due to overcrowding at restaurants). Soooo- If you want to eat at LTT, plan on spending the day at MK and getting there early. Jill

Thanks, Jill. That is very useful info. Maybe we will stay away from MK Christmas day and go with an Epcot restaurant or get a PS for one of the restaurants in YC.

Any other helpful tidbits about Christmas week. Sounds like you have a handle on holiday touring.

Thanks,
Vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter