HELP! Need quick answer-Do you tip flower delivery person?

Snoozan

Really IS a good girl!
A flower delivery person is coming to drop off an arrangement for me(I know because they called first)for my birthday. I'm awful about tipping etiquette. Do I tip the delivery person? Roads are ugly here today due to storm. If so, how much? TIA

I never do. I don't think I should be expected to keep cash around for unexpected deliveries. Of course, I could be wrong. It wouldn't hurt to tip though.

I never have. My DH sends flowers on my birthday and I haven't never tipped them.

But I guess with the roads being bad I probably would give them something for their drive out.

Nope, I don't tip the flower delivery person.

I also don't tip the courier.

I often wondered about this as well. I never have in the past. My mom just sent me fowers the other day "just because" and I didnt.

I never do. I always feel like I should because shows and movies make me think I should but its a gift to me that my DH paid big bucks for and I just don't think I should have to.

I had chocolate covered strawberries delivered last week from my DH and didn't tip. I told my DH that it seemed the guy wanted one and my DH said well, he shouldn't expect one as those were a gift for you and I paid BIG bucks to get them to you!

So no I don't and won't tip.

I rarely tip and especially not for a delivery. Delivering is what the person was hired to do. Its their job. They aren't going out of their way to do something.

I think tipping is only for extra special service.

Do you tip the pizza delivery people? I'd tip the flower delivery people also. It's a service, you tip for service. Would you not tip the server at a restaurant? That's their "job" also.

I've never tipped either, I do for pizza but not for flowers. I feel like it's the "senders" job to tip, not the receiver, esp. if you didn't know they were coming. I never have cash either, so I guess I'd have to right a check to tip the flower delivery person. :teeth:

My DW delivers flowers on special days like Valentines Day, Mother's Day ect., and she doesn't get many tips. Just once in a while. But she never expects to get one either.

I do tip for pizza or any other kind of delivery, because it is something I called for, same thing goes for service in a restaurant. Thinking about it, I do tip for any kind of service that I arrange, bell services, valet, server, etc.
Now, if I sent flowers to myself, you betcha I would tip LOL.

I hope I am not offending anyone by what I wrote, I am just in one of those moods today. :guilty:

I don't tip for flowers either. I'm always caught off guard and not expecting it. And I don't always have cash on hand to give them (I rarely have any cash). I have yet to have a flower deliverer make me feel as though they expected one. I tip generously for pizza delivery, but I work that into the check. I didn't pay for the flowers.

I think there is a difference between pizza delivery people and flower delivery people. With pizza, YOU are ordering it, and the service is being provided to you, so you tip them. Most times, you don't order flowers for yourself, so I don't think you should tip because someone else paid for a gift for you. :flower:

dvcfamily41801 said:
I do tip for pizza or any other kind of delivery, because it is something I called for, same thing goes for service in a restaurant. Thinking about it, I do tip for any kind of service that I arrange, bell services, valet, server, etc.

I hope I am not offending anyone by what I wrote, I am just in one of those moods today. :guilty:

You beat me to it, but that's exactly how I feel :sunny:

yes, you should always tip someone who does a service for you!

dvcfamily41801 said:

I agree. When I have ordered something, I will make sure I have cash on hand for tipping. If I don't for some reason, I will include it in the check.

When a flower delivery person comes to my door, I'm not expecting a delivery. I don't usually keep cash in my wallet (thanks to the invention of the debit card), so I wouldn't have anything to offer as a tip. I suppose I could take a flower out of the arrangement and offer that, eh? :teeth:

Really, as I am thinking about it, I don't think I have ever seen a flower delivery person pause for a tip. They generally hand me the arrangement and turn to walk down the front steps.

disneyworld! said:
yes, you should always tip someone who does a service for you!

But when I am getting flowers delivered, technically they are providing a service for who sent them.

Really, I am not trying to debate, Im just trying to show how I take it. Im sorry. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter