Help.. need help choosing...

skrieger

Earning My Ears
OK so my family and I are heading to disney for out 2nd time from 12/10-12/16. First time was 08 and we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge with the savannah view (gorgeous!!) this time I am trying to stay in the moderate side. I am torn between CS and CB. My husband and I are both 28 with have a 9 year old daughter, 5 year old son, and 1 year old daughter. Soo what would you suggest for the kids? If she stay at Carribian beach we will be staying in the pirate rooms. Thanks sooo much in advance!! :yay::yay:

O and we will be driving down so we will have our own car if that makes a difference :woohoo:

Our fav is POR. It has queen beds, and in the Alligator Bayou section, the rooms have 2 queens and a Murphy bed, so if the 9 & 5 yr old don't like sharing a bed, one can have the Murphy.
IMO POR has a bit more to offer with a boat to DTD, fun evening entertainment in the lounge, best food court, beautiful landscaping, fishing hole, marina.

Allears.net has a ton of pics in the accommodation section.

POR was my original pick.. but then I saw the pirate theme rooms n fell in love. I think I might go back thru and research POR some more. Thanks!!

We stayed at CBR about 8 years ago, it was nice. Nothing spectacular IMHO. I have heard great things about POR and to a lesser degree POFQ.

I would take CBR over CS, but if I was choosing a Moderate it would be POR.

I think I am back at POR :rotfl2: I cant make up my mind. I like the royal rooms there. Do they have stuf for the kids to do? And where are the located? Near what parks?

I stayed at CB two trips ago and it was a ton of fun! The whole resort really makes you feel like you're on a tropical island. The only negative is that because it's so large, you have to take an internal bus to get to other areas in the resort. We stayed in a pirate room and I loved it! It was so detailed all the way down to the fridge being a big wooden barrel and the shower having an old ship engraved into the wall. The theming was incredible! If you are looking for a nice room with a really cool theme and a resort with a tropical getaway kinda feel, I definitely recommend carribean beach.

We are Disney regulars going on our 8th trip. We booked CB for 2010, pirate themed room. Before we left I read a few reviews about how uncomfortable the pirate beds were. That did not deter us from staying there. However, once there we realized just how bad they were. The mattresses are very thin in order to fit the pirate beds. I rarely have trouble sleeping anywhere, but after one night I new I couldn't take it. That coupled with the size of the resort , meaning you cannot walk to get a cup of coffee, you have to take an internal bus that takes forever to get around, led us to ask guest services if we could switch resorts. They had a comparable room at POR. They moved us over, and although our 2 boys were disappointed to leave the pirate room we had a great stay. The food court was bigger, the room more comfortable too. If you can get a princess room I would go with that. We have stayed there twice since.

I'd have to say CBR but not the pirate rooms, they aren't really worth it. Upgrade to a preferred or look at the welcome packages you can plan for the room. There is an amazing pirate one! The pool area, kiddie play area and food court will be great for your family! The resort is beautiful and you can also rent water crafts on the lake. They have great playgrounds and beaches. The other nice thing is that even when the resort is booked full it never feels like it! We love CBR!

We stayed at CBR and loved it. The pirate rooms came along after our stay so we haven't experienced those, but I've seen pics of them and they look great for little kids. If I had little ones, I would definitely stay there in a pirate room. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter