Help! My son is going to be so upset..

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
I just read the current allears email and it stated that the junior fishing excursion program is going away at the resorts. The only resort not listed was Wilderness Lodge. Does anyone know or can find out if that will be the only resort having it or is it gone for good. My DS did this last year and LOVED it and was so looking forward to fishing again this year.

Thanks for the help.

the way it is worded - it is only stopping at these hotels.

so would guess that WL will still have it.

Also from the allears newsletter - Children's Activities Curtailed

It doesn't say "gone forever". Call Disney and find out for sure. Also, the discontinuation of the programs have different dates. It could be that the other sites just didn't have enough participation.

Relax, take a deep breath and then call. When your son is in school so he doesn't know!

Thanks for your insight. I hope that is the case and that WL will still have it. We are staying at the POFQ so worse scenerio, he can cane fish everyday. I know for him it won't be the same, but it may have to do.

You could do a family fishing trip if the children's one is cancelled. We've done that in Bay Lake and over by the Epcot resorts.

I just read the current allears email and it stated that the junior fishing excursion program is going away at the resorts. The only resort not listed was Wilderness Lodge. Does anyone know or can find out if that will be the only resort having it or is it gone for good. My DS did this last year and LOVED it and was so looking forward to fishing again this year.

Thanks for the help.

I want my boys do this in August. I hope they still have it...

Do they get a picture holding a fish or anything like that as part of the trip?

The junior fishing excursion is held once a week (sunday) and it's was around $20.00. I set it up for his to be taken from the Contemporary resort. There were 5 other boys around his age (8). The captain greeted them all, had them put on life jackets and they were off in a boat to fish. Their hour started at the time they found a spot to fish. They supplied the rods and bait and drinks for the boys. I gave my DS a camera and the CM took pictures of him holding his fish. He caught 25 fish (catch and release) and had such a great time and he was requesting to do it again when we go in August. If they do offer it at WL, jkjs I hope your boys can take advantage of it. I am sure they will have a good time.

If your staying at PFQ you can go over to POR and fish for a minimal fee in their catch and release area. Its not in a boat but stand on pier- kinda fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter