Help! My dogs are ruining my new house!

Gretel

I like being ME
My dogs keep wanting to pee in our great room! This is a carpeted room and I don't know how to stop them. They sometimes will even do it right after they have come in from outside. I basically have to keep them gated in the mud room when they are not within my sight. Any suggestions?

I remember my mom used to rub our doggies nose in the tinkle and say "No No"

I have cats now, so that is the onl thing I can suggest.

I would gate off that room so they can't go in. My Max is the perfect dog...never does anything like that. However, my puppy of 3 weeks is another story. :rolleyes: And after taking him to the vet yesterday, I understand it will be a while until he has the housebreaking routine down.
crap.gif

We just got a 7 month old puppy from the pound. He is kinda house trained. It seems he has to pee about every hour. I try to take him out a lot, I am home all day. We have heard conflicting advice about scolding, etc. I think it is just trial and error. The shelter recommended obedience training, they do for every dog, and we really need to check into this. Our first floor is all hardwood, so he goes upstairs to wee on the carpet. I follow him up there and chase him outside when I see him going up the stairs. I don't really have a good answer for you except do some research on the web, etc. We had an elderly dog who passed away a few months ago. She was confused in the end and would go potty in the house. Luckily though, she did not often climb the stairs! We have moved several times, and now I am telling DH "next house, NO CARPET!" Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter