Help me with my OKW room request

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We didn't book HH, but have it waitlisted for thanksgiving week. Likely won't come through so I am trying to figure out the right room request to put so that we are somewhat close to the HH. I remember reading somewhere a location which was close to HH and also the first off on the bus route.

Looking at an OKW map it looks like I might want to request Miller Rd area - Is that correct or is there a different area to choose? Some of the areas seem like a hike to get to the HH area.

We didn't book HH, but have it waitlisted for thanksgiving week. Likely won't come through so I am trying to figure out the right room request to put so that we are somewhat close to the HH. I remember reading somewhere a location which was close to HH and also the first off on the bus route.

Looking at an OKW map it looks like I might want to request Miller Rd area - Is that correct or is there a different area to choose? Some of the areas seem like a hike to get to the HH area.

I would request building 61, 62, 63. They are just as close to HH rooms but are standard.

Those buildings (62-64) are typically reserved for DVCers that have a medical or H.A. need.
Try for Building 27, 28 or 29.

We put in a request for building 62 through touringplans for our trip at the beginning of the month and were given 6216. Right across the street from HH and only a couple minute walk to Peninsular Rd stop which is the first on/off to the parks. If we ever stay there again, that's the building I'd want.

We put in a request for building 62 through touringplans for our trip at the beginning of the month and were given 6216. Right across the street from HH and only a couple minute walk to Peninsular Rd stop which is the first on/off to the parks. If we ever stay there again, that's the building I'd want.
Hi.. how does it work? Touring plans makes the request on your behalf? Thanks..

Hi.. how does it work? Touring plans makes the request on your behalf? Thanks..
Yes. I don't recall the day they send the request but I think it's 30 days in advance. They only do this if you sign up for their paid service, but I had signed up previous to COVID. I don't know that I'd pay for JUST the room request "perk" of their paid service since the request can be sent on your own, but I think the best option is to send it via fax (yes, fax). There's a template out there somewhere that can be used but essentially you're just sending the resort directly (not Member Services) a quick note saying that you'd really like it if you could stay in building/room X. Just include your name, check in dates, and reservation number. Pretty sure it was 30 days in advance, but again, I'm not positive.

I had only requested that building due to proximity to HH and Peninuslar Rd but also because it was a building where the 1bd villa had bathroom access from the living area without having to pass through the master bed.

DVC Members were asked many years ago through the Member publication at the time to NOT send Faxes with room requests tot he resort. All room requests should be made through Member Services.

DVC Members were asked many years ago through the Member publication at the time to NOT send Faxes with room requests tot he resort. All room requests should be made through Member Services.
I never knew that. I am not a DVC member (currently...waiting on the "right" contract) so I was unaware. My reservation at OKW was the result of my cash-booked resort being COVID closed. Thank you!

Yes. I don't recall the day they send the request but I think it's 30 days in advance. They only do this if you sign up for their paid service, but I had signed up previous to COVID. I don't know that I'd pay for JUST the room request "perk" of their paid service since the request can be sent on your own, but I think the best option is to send it via fax (yes, fax). There's a template out there somewhere that can be used but essentially you're just sending the resort directly (not Member Services) a quick note saying that you'd really like it if you could stay in building/room X. Just include your name, check in dates, and reservation number. Pretty sure it was 30 days in advance, but again, I'm not positive.

I had only requested that building due to proximity to HH and Peninuslar Rd but also because it was a building where the 1bd villa had bathroom access from the living area without having to pass through the master bed.
Thanks!

I never knew that. I am not a DVC member (currently...waiting on the "right" contract) so I was unaware. My reservation at OKW was the result of my cash-booked resort being COVID closed. Thank you!
If you're a cash Disney guest, you can make requests how ever you wish, And I'm sure some members are also unaware that Member Services requested us not to fax. It has been quite a while since those request guidelines came out.

Wow! We'd put in a request for one of the elevator buildings several times, but were only fortunate enough to get one once after we had major problems with our assigned villa. So we figured that maybe they saved those villas for "special" people. I'd love to know the secret to getting one again. We loved it!

Wow! We'd put in a request for one of the elevator buildings several times, but were only fortunate enough to get one once after we had major problems with our assigned villa. So we figured that maybe they saved those villas for "special" people. I'd love to know the secret to getting one again. We loved it!
For us, it was probably dumb luck + timing (COVID). We had a cash reservation for a Royal Room at POR. Due to the closure, we were offered a 1bd at OKW after a little "negotiation" with member services. I only selected the room based on proximity to HH and Peninsular and the fact that I knew that building also didn't have the master bed pass through for the bathroom. We don't have any mobility issues. I'm sure they were able to honor the request due to availability as the place was mostly a ghost town until Labor Day weekend. Even then it really wasn't that busy. I don't know that we will be back to OKW any time soon (maybe even never) but if we do, that's the building I'll be requesting again!

Those buildings are often saved for guests needing the elevator for medical reasons.

If you want to be close to the HH area, plus off the bus first and on first, you'll want the villas near the Peninsular Rd bus stop, 27, 28 or 29. 27 is right next to the bus stop.

Those buildings are often saved for guests needing the elevator for medical reasons.

I have a torn meniscus in my knee as well as using an ECV. Both were noted on my reservation each time, but no elevator building.

Did you get ground floor? I think the ECV may keep you from the elevator locations as how would you get out if power loss?

I have a torn meniscus in my knee as well as using an ECV. Both were noted on my reservation each time, but no elevator building.
I request ground floor OR elevator building. Last December, I got both, a ground floor unit in an elevator building.

Yes, I got ground floor. I understand your question about getting out in a power loss. That's why it's so confusing to me that other hotels have HA units that are not on the first floor. BCV, POR, whatever Wilderness Lodge Villas are called now, BWV, and All Star Music are all places where I was surprised to receive a HA room on a floor that an ECV could only access by elevator.

Does anyone know if the all the pools are open at OKW. We are going and want to just relax at the pool but actually prefer the quiet pools to the main one. But if they aren't open then I want to request near the HH if possible. We were only able to get a regular studio. Thanks!

I would guess all pools are open, since they are quiet pools and don't require staffing, plus the laundry rooms for the studios are in the pool areas.

Does anyone know if the all the pools are open at OKW. We are going and want to just relax at the pool but actually prefer the quiet pools to the main one. But if they aren't open then I want to request near the HH if possible. We were only able to get a regular studio. Thanks!
All were open in September when we were there. We were the only ones most times

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter