Help Me!! **Updated (funny) info!**

Mishetta

<font color=FF6600>All I get to play is "crashing
I can't stop!!! I've been buying clothes, swim wear (for kids), sandals, etc...for all 4 of us & just now went to the Oriental Trading Company's website & ordered Pirate Tee Shirts, gold coins & cloth parrot for my boys!! HELP ME!!! I can't stop shopping & I'm not a shopper!! I can see how this can get so addicting!! :blush:

For all I've spent the past couple weeks, I could have paid for another person to come along with us! :eek:

Will there be a Shoppers Annoymous on board?? :teeth:

"Hello, my name is Mishetta, and I've become a shopper" (much to my DH's dismay) :sad: SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!

Well, if your stores accept returns I'll gladly come along on the proceeds of your refunds!

what will I be like then? I am a HUGE shopper (addicted!). We won't cruise until 2008 and I walk through stores thinking "oh, this would be cute for the cruise". But, so far, I have restrained myself! I am afraid my pre-cruise purchases will cost me as much as the cruise itself! :cool1:

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Mishetta my DH thought this was my post :rotfl2: :rotfl2: He thinks you and I should go through the program together. :lmao: :lmao: We are going camping this weekend so I can't go shopping. :thumbsup2 My door sign is done. :sunny: I look forward to meeting one of my own, the true, the savvy, the proud, ShopAholic. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

See ya soon. :grouphug:

I thought I was reading about myself :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I'm an over shopper. Maybe we'll all be in the same program . I am powerless & can't help myself :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

I spent sooooo much on the children, fancy fresses for DGOd, tux from ebay for DGS.

you ready for this $1,000.00 in pictures from the ship, not counting what I took. Can't afford to get them developed.

Now I'm planning another cruise December 15, 2007. Put a deposit down while on board.

taeja71 said:
have you made magnetic door signs yet for your cabin? That would eat up some of your time. Magnetic door thread

Great idea to keep me busy but no, I have not made one. Seems to complicated! Anyway, I need no more excuses to go to the store again to buy something! I'll proudly accept one though if someone would like to make mine & mail it to me! :teeth:

My3kids ~ no problem! The more the merrier! I'll start pulling my receipts out to return all my purchases. Meet me at Port Canaveral on May 20th, okay? ;)

Otimon ~ :wave2: :goodvibes

dreamcometrue ~ lock up your credit cards & throw away the key is all I can suggest!

Echo Queen ~ camping huh? I guess my DH should make me go out into the wilderness too so that I am not around any stores! That would certainly curtail my shopping!! Hey, maybe we can start our own meeting on the cruise!?? Whatya think? :Pinkbounc

Queen 2 ~ my thing is, I ONLY shop when it's a bargain (sale, clearance, close outs, etc...) I shop for clothes off season ALWAYS so that I get it all discounted but this cruise caught me by surprise. :guilty:

Well I'm in the same boat as you all! :boat: It's a blessing we are leaving for our cruise on Sat. I have ALMOST shopped myself to death :lmao: I will have to join the Shopaholic progam.....After we get back I won't know what to shop for! Oh yeah :idea: ...I'll be able to go back to the stores and return all the things we never wore :rolleyes1

Just think -- for every dollar you DON'T spend now, you can spend it on the ship later.

... dunno if that would work or not, but it can't hurt to TRY that psychology ... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: See you all in the SA meetings ... :goodvibes

Try putting the money you would spend in a jar, then you could blow the whole lot on the cruise!!
;)

Mishetta,
Oh My Gosh, I thought I was the only one doing this! :) I've been to Walmart everyday this week shopping for cruise "stuff", Just cant stop!
I did try making Door Signs to pass the time, then needed stuff from Walmart to make them. :moped: Somebody stop me :banana: :banana: In 2 more weeks I may be bankrupt! :p

That's the way my sister has been ever since we booked this cruise in January. And we're not sailing until January 2007! They are driving down from PA and she gives her 3 kids a little present every 100 miles. (She did this last summer when we went to WDW too.) Get this, she already has all the presents for her youngest dd! The cruise is 8 months away! She's also been going nuts buying pins and clothes too! I have tried to restrain myself a little bit more since I am a SAHM.

I, too, have been shopping a tab more than usual :thumbsup2 Girl, you have to treat yourself and this is definately the occasion to do it for.
We aren't making door signs- I have found that I have so much stuff - I just can't do it all.
Tomorrow starts my cleaning of the house and getting everything together. It will be completed this weekend. We still have to set up for a dog sitter to come and stay with Chloe, our precious dog. That is the only hard thing for us when it comes to cruising. I hate leaving my dog!

I'm not alone! :teeth:

Our cruise is almost a year away, and I've already bought a lot of stuff. We had some old luggage, so I found an online deal on high quality red luggage, that arrived yesterday.

I've been eyeing some clothing on the Disney site, and all these coupons they keep sending makes it tempting.

I found a formal dress for me being clearanced out really, really cheap, so I bought that. Got DD some Princess stuff (swimsuits, coverups, etc.)I found on sale, and put away for the cruise. Picked up lanyards at Wal Mart while I was thinking of it. Roaming through the Goodwill store the other day, I spotted a Donald Duck tie with Disney store tag still on it, picked it up too for DH!

It's addicting. Now I'm trying to hold off buying any summer clothing until the season is up and it's really marked down. It's hard to do though!

I kid you not....I have a pair of pants in my closet that I bought early in anticipation of my cruise that was in 2002! They are still hanging in my closet unworn! They never even made it to the port!

been there done that also. Except mine for some unknown reason shrink while they are hanging :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have clothes for cruises for every season that never made it to the port. :sunny:

Well, the thing is with us, I didn't realize how much we really needed. I had nothing to wear for even semi-formal night! We just don't go anywhere! My DH has 1 suit & we will bring that & he wears dockers to work, so now he went out & bought a couple pair of nicer slacks & some new shirts (he needed those anyway).

I don't think I over bought anything in particular, it is just stuff we would need. I still need to get socks for my oldest DS & a pair of dress pants. I need a shirt for my little fella to wear with his suit. (Got the suit from my cousin ~ it was her DS's suit & he's now a teenager & he wore this suit ONCE when he ws 5 y/o but there are no pants to it since her DS made a hole in the knee at the wedding they attended :rolleyes: ). Darn it!

I also have to look for shoes (in the basement first) for my little guy. If I don't have a pair of dress shoes saved (from my big guy), then I'll have to buy him shoes too! OMG!!! What have we done????

I bought a bunch of new (casual) clothes since I just wear all the same old stuff over & over & over since I'm a SAHM too. Have worn sneakers only (even to church if we go on a Saturday afternoon) for the past 3 years! But I do have a pair of wedding/funeral shoes which I need to dig out.

Also have purchased motion sickness pills......many of them :rolleyes:

I have found my cruisin' soulmates! Everyday I try to buy one little thing for the cruise. Usually it is something simple like bandaids, a new toothbrush, or nailclippers. Some days it's something special like a formal for DD. Today DD and I hit Party City for Pirate acessories.

I figure what the heck, I want to start enjoying the cruise now! This way it lasts longer and I won't have a last minute rush getting ready to go.

Have fun and keep the "Wonder" and "Magic" alive! :wizard:

Well, here I go again!

Wish me luck, need to run to Kohl's to get DS (10) socks & 2 pair of dress pants. That's all I really need today! Heaven only knows how many bags I may return with! :blush:

Okay ~ stand back everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter