Help me understand sharing the DXPP

MichelleB

DIS Veteran
My parents and my family are all going to WDW over the Christmas holiday. There will be 4 adults in one room and 2 adults in another. I know things like the TIW isn't good on the holidays, but they still take the dining credits, correct?

We aren't planning to do TS every day but I'm trying to do the math and see if this would be beneficial to still do if we share the credits from one room. Anyone have any experience doing this? I'm wondering if it would make sense to do or not.

We are switching resorts after the first night...would you still do it for all 7 nights or just the last 6? If we did it all, we'd get a mug at each resort so 4 total if I'm understanding.

My parents and my family are all going to WDW over the Christmas holiday. There will be 4 adults in one room and 2 adults in another. I know things like the TIW isn't good on the holidays, but they still take the dining credits, correct?

We aren't planning to do TS every day but I'm trying to do the math and see if this would be beneficial to still do if we share the credits from one room. Anyone have any experience doing this? I'm wondering if it would make sense to do or not.

We are switching resorts after the first night...would you still do it for all 7 nights or just the last 6? If we did it all, we'd get a mug at each resort so 4 total if I'm understanding.

I think it depends on how many TS you want to do and when you want to do them. If you just do the 6 nights for the 2 adults, you would have 36 credits to use starting that second day as soon as you check in. That gives the 6 of you each 6 TS credits. Just remember at least one of the 2 adults will need to be with you to "pay" for the meals.

I think it depends on how many TS you want to do and when you want to do them. If you just do the 6 nights for the 2 adults, you would have 36 credits to use starting that second day as soon as you check in. That gives the 6 of you each 6 TS credits. Just remember at least one of the 2 adults will need to be with you to "pay" for the meals.

I have another question....if I have a magic band for each stay, could I use the meal credits with either band? I know they won't both open my room but in theory if the bands are linked to my MDE and not deactivated, wouldn't they work? Meaning my mom could carry one of my bands and have access to the meals if I'm not there.

I have another question....if I have a magic band for each stay, could I use the meal credits with either band? I know they won't both open my room but in theory if the bands are linked to my MDE and not deactivated, wouldn't they work? Meaning my mom could carry one of my bands and have access to the meals if I'm not there.

Sorry, but I have no idea about that one. You may want to search for the "everything magic band" thread and see if it's answered there, wait to see if someone else comes along to answer here, or start a new thread with that specific question. If you start a new thread, I might put it over on the theme parks forum where more people will see it.

Multiple bands are linked to the same account - anyone holding a band linked to that account can access meal credits tied to that account.

Also remember that a complete meal on the DxDP is a whole lot of food! We were easily able to share 6 deluxe credits between 4 people. Of course buffet and ayce places everyone needs to use a credit. I wish we travelled more often with others in a separate room. It's a great way to use the deluxe plan!

And we have definitely split up but we have so many extra magic bands that I was able to give my mom one of my extras to use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter