Help me try to please everyone!

bwilcox

DIS Veteran
I am going to Disney in June on the Dining Plan with 3 kids ages 2-4 and 7 adults. I have planned a couple of character meals, but I would also like some ADRs for places that have good food that the adults would enjoy, but that the kids would also have fun at. It seems like the places the kids would enjoy(Sci-Fi, Coral Reef) have not so good food reviews, but I'm afraid the places like California Grill will take too long and be boring for the kids, which will make them impatient and the meal less enjoyable for the adults. Any suggestions?

Here are some suggestions from me based on the family trip we took with an 8 year old, two 6 month olds, four parents and two grandparents:

1. Crystal Palace - for dinner there was something for everyone and the Winnie the Pooh characters were great for the kids.
2. Coral Reef - the kids will love the atmosphere with the huge fish tank and the food is appealing to adults.
3. Le Cellier - great food (adults will appreciate it) with a great kids menu and nice atmosphere for all.
4. I second the Teppan Edo suggestion - fun for the kids and the food is great.
5. Sci-Fi - you should definitely do this -even if it is for lunch. The kids will love it and the burgers are good as are the milkshakes - this is a really fun environment and while the food is not as top scale as the California Grille - you shouldn't miss it. The retro thing is fun for adults too!

Good luck!

BOMA'S AT ANIMAL KINGDOM AND OHANA'S AT THE POLY ARE BOTH EXCELLENT CHOICES. THE FOOD AT OHANA'S IS WONDERFUL AND IF YOU TIME IT RIGHT YOU CAN SEE THE FIREWORKS FROM THE TABLE YOUR DINING OR YOU CAN WALK OUT ONTO THE BEACH AND SEE THE ELECTRICAL LIGHTS PARADE ON THE WATER AND THE FIREWORKS. IN ADDITION, OHANA'S DOES KIDS ACTIVITIES LIKE COCONUT RACES. LAPU LAPU DRINKS ARE TO DIE FOR. FUN FOR ALL AGES AND GREAT FOOD.:banana:

We have 5 adults and 3 kids (9, 7, & 2) in our group. One adult is a vegetarian and one child has food allergies, so I know how hard it is to please everyone. A few fun places we all enjoy are WCC, 50's PT, CP & Tusker House (for breakfast). We also enjoy Jiko, Brown Derby, & Cal Grill. If the kiddos in your group aren't up for that fine dining, try Spoodles, Kona, Captain's Grill, GF Cafe, or Boma.

When I went my kids were 5, 7 and 9. We loved Planet Hollywood also. The steak was to die for and it was a very fun atmosphere. My daughter (the 5 year old) got up to dance in the aisles even. They have music playing....and my husband and boys really enjoyed looking at all the different movie things on the walls and ceilings. It was lot of fun.

Ohana's is great for dinner too. Fun activities for the kids and good food. This is always one of our favorites for our large group as our last dinner of the trip together. :thumbsup2

When we went, there were 15 of us and I did all the planning. Yes, I did manage to please everyone!! Here is where we ate....

Teppan Edo for dinner
Crystal Palace for lunch
Tusker House for breakfast
Biergarten for dinner
Ohana for breakfast
Hoop dee doo Revue (the biggest hit and I recommend to everyone!!)
Earl of Sandwich
Adults Night out at Raglan Road (kids ate in the room and LOVED that!! They got whatever they wanted at the grocery store like frozen pizza, etc.)

Hope that gives you more ideas!!

We love Ohana. It's great food, and they have activities for the kids.
Biergarten is a lot of fun, and the food is great. They have an oompah band that plays and a little dance floor where the kids can go & dance.

We're planning on Teppan Edo for our trip in June. We love hibachi style, and I hear this one is a lot of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter