help me settle this dispute Re: Disney $$$s

paula0000

Earning My Ears
Okay, I have a friendly dispute going on with someone I know re: Disney Dollars. I say you can only get Disney $$$'s in the U.S. (Disney stores there)- he swears up and down they can be bought thru CAA. I can't find anything on CAA's website but I thought I'd check with the experts... anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Paula

CAA has in past years (and may currently, I don't know) sold multiday passes to WDW but Disney Dollars have only been sold in the US....since they are at par with the American $, any foreign retailer would have to be dealing with daily fluctuations in the exchange rate (as banks do with currency exchange).

I haven't heard about that before ... but that would be kind of neat :) Maybe they sold DD$ at one point in time... dunno.

You could always drag him to the CAA office with you and ask them in person. :p

No you can't get the dollars in Canada only in the US....we asked this past April and after flying into MCO, we just stopped at Downtown Disney and picked them up before heading to our resort in Cocoa Beach as they were an anniversary gift to my cousins whom we were staying with.:D

FOR SOME REASON I THINK IN THE PAST THAT CAA GAVE OUT DISNEY DOLLARS WHEN YOU BOUGHT A HOPPER PASS .. IE: $100 DISNEY DOLLARS WITH A PASS OR IF YOU BOOKED A PACKAGE. THIS MIGHT BE WHAT YOUR FRIEND IS THINKING ABOUT

If CAA handed out DD$ in the pat they don't do it anymore. I bought 4 7-day hopper plusses last summer and all I got from CAA was a large credit card bill. :mad:

- Mike

Thanks for all your thoughts on being able to obtain disney dollars from CAA. Apparently it used to be done but it has been discontinued- as I guess all you dis experts knew already!

Paula

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter