Help me plan our 18th wedding anniversary

zoicca

Earning My Ears
Howdy.

My family will be in WDW March 11 to 20.

I'd like to hire a sitter for my kids and take my wife out for dinner to celebrate our 14th ... wait, make that 15th wedding anniversary on March 17.

Not sure what theme park we'll be at but we'll plan around the restaurant.

Something fancy would be great. Prefer something with a view of the fireworks or one of the other evening finale shows. I don't mind it being in the parks or at a resort.

We're not into character meals.

Not picky about the type of food as long as it's not super casual.

Reading around, it sounds like Ohana is great, as is Narcoossee (or something like that). I also heard that California Grill is good, but down for maintenance?

What do you think?

For an adults-only dinner, with the added bonus of fireworks viewing, I think Narcoossees at the Grand Floridian is your best choice. Ohana is tasty but can be pretty noisy with periodic fun and games for the kids, and has no dedicated fireworks viewing spot if you don't happen to get a table right by the window. Narcoossees is actually out on a long dock sticking out into the water and has its own deck where you can go out and watch the show, then come back in to finish your meal. (You are correct that Cali Grill will be closed for refurbishment this spring/summer). As a Signature restaurant it's on the expensive side, but you should have a wonderful experience. Be sure to let them know you're celebrating a big anniversary. No guarantees, but pixie dust might happen.

The other option would be Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. No fireworks view but a lovely, quiet experience, also a Signature restaurant. Hmm-----to make up for the lack of fireworks view, consider taking the boat launch after dinner from the Wilderness Lodge to the Ft. Wilderness campground and taking a 25-minute private horse-drawn carriage ride around the property. And they let you bring adult beverages with you, too (bottle of wine, perhaps?). You'll need to pre-reserve the carriage ride, so make sure you coordinate it with your dinner and add enough leeway for your travel time. But it would make a memorable evening.

Great. So if the fireworks start at 10, what would be a good time to make the reservation for?

I can't decide between 9, 9:15 and 9:30. All are available at the moment.

BTW, Narcoossee it is. Thx for the tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter