Help me make up my mind! CSR/ASM???

thunderbug548

DIS Veteran
I'm planning our first family vacation! It will be me, dh, ds1 (will be 4yrs) and ds2 (will be nearly 18mo). We are AP holders and are planning this vacation for this first week of Value season (Nov 26th- Dec 3rd). So far we've narrowed it down to CSR or the new family suites at ASM. I really like the idea of putting the kids to bed in one room so dh and I can stay up, but we want to "do" Disney right for our 1st vacation so we're open to spending a bit more for CSR. I've heard so many good from this board about CSR plus we like the food court idea as dh is a vegetarian. I'm not sure I like that the family suites only have one bed in the bedroom unless we stay in the bedroom and leave the kids in the LR. Help me decide! Pros/cons??

If I book now, I can change our resv. if an AP rate comes out laster this year right?

TIA!
Karlise

thunderbug548 said:
I'm planning our first family vacation! It will be me, dh, ds1 (will be 4yrs) and ds2 (will be nearly 18mo). We are AP holders and are planning this vacation for this first week of Value season (Nov 26th- Dec 3rd). So far we've narrowed it down to CSR or the new family suites at ASM. I really like the idea of putting the kids to bed in one room so dh and I can stay up, but we want to "do" Disney right for our 1st vacation so we're open to spending a bit more for CSR. I've heard so many good from this board about CSR plus we like the food court idea as dh is a vegetarian. I'm not sure I like that the family suites only have one bed in the bedroom unless we stay in the bedroom and leave the kids in the LR. Help me decide! Pros/cons??

If I book now, I can change our resv. if an AP rate comes out laster this year right?

TIA!
Karlise

Were you planning on gettin a Jr suite at CSR? Those look nice.

I love the All Star resorts.
I have stayed at the cabins at FW ,CBR, Disney Inn (now SOG),and in a Contempory Tower room among other offsite resorts.
Several years I went to Disney with my sister and we stayed at the All Star Resorts because it was more affordable for her.
I can well afford to stay at any of Disney's Deluxe Resorts and often stay at 4 star hotles but I choose to stay at the All Stars. Why?
Because I love the All Star resorts!
The Poly and the Contempory are nice resorts and I am sure CSR is nice too but they just do not feel Disney to me.

The bus service at the All Stars is wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

Plus the All Stars are sister resorts so you walk over to the other All Stars,and enjoy their pools and food courts witch lots of good choices.

Here is some info on the new Family Suites.
According to Allearsnet.com the suites are going for:

Value season $169
Regular season $209
Peak season $239
Holiday season $259

A little info:

New Family Suites at All Star Music Resort

Several rooms at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort are getting an extreme makeover. They are being restructured to house the new Disney’s All-Star Resort Family Suites, set to open June 4, 2006.

The new family suites will offer an affordable and convenient option for larger families with the amenities of a studio apartment.

Guests will enjoy the whimsical music-themed details, along with modest rates averaging $204, based on season. Most rooms sleep a family of six. There is a limited amount of rooms available.

Families can be together in the suite while enjoying separate sleeping areas with added privacy. Having two bathrooms will not only save time, but makes getting ready easier for the whole family. Plus, extra amenities like a microwave enable guests to prepare warm snacks and meals. With the extra room, guests can relax and recount the memories of the day before falling off to a goodnight’s sleep.

52 Family Suites located in the Jazz Inn building
(192 suites upon completion located in Calypso and Jazz Inn buildings)

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is the layout:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here are some photos from the DIS resort website:

All-Star-Family-Suite2.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite1.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite5.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite3.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite6.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite4.jpg

All-Star-Family-Suite7.jpg

I have tons of info about the all stars.
If you have any questions just PM me.

Tough decision!! :rolleyes: I think CSR would get my vote though. I just don't like the sleeping configuration in the ASM suites.

Bumping this up for more info for the OP. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

I LOVE CSR! The pool is great, the food court is great, everything about it is great! I haven't stayed at ASM, but CSR is one of my favorites.

It's Disney, you'll have fun wherever you end up staying!

Thanks Buzz 2001

Now the OP has a little more so she can make an informed decision.

To the OP---- Have a great time wherever you choose to stay.

CSR!! Since you are AP holders, you probably can get a discount on 2 rooms at CSR which would make it cheaper than a suite.

Thanks everyone! :goodvibes It sounds like CSR is the place to stay. Is there a microwave anywhere we can use for leftovers or for a quick breakfast? Does the Jr. suite come with a microwave? It's only $20 or so more for a Jr Suite vs 2 rooms (adjoining or connecting- what do I ask for?). Which would you pick for our family?

Karlise

thunderbug548 said:
Thanks everyone! :goodvibes It sounds like CSR is the place to stay. Is there a microwave anywhere we can use for leftovers or for a quick breakfast? Does the Jr. suite come with a microwave? It's only $20 or so more for a Jr Suite vs 2 rooms (adjoining or connecting- what do I ask for?). Which would you pick for our family?

Karlise

Here is the Layout of the JR. Suite at CSR:

Picjrsuitecsr.jpg

Sorry as far as I know they don't have a microwave.

Have fun at Disney!

Here is a little info about the CSR jr suite:

Large numbers of businessmen and conventioneers stay at this resort. The junior suite, is essentially two connecting rooms with one of the rooms set up as a living room. Entry is through the living room, which includes a desk with fax machine, Murphy bed, armoire with television and sitting area.
A big advantage to this little suite is that, being two regular connecting rooms, there are two bathrooms.

Here are some photos:

CSRsuitebed.jpg

CSRcabinet.jpg

Csrsuitedesk.jpg

Csrsink.jpg

CsrBathroom.jpg

thunderbug548 said:

Karlise
A microwave is available in the Pepper Market

Buzz2001 said:
A microwave is available in the Pepper Market

Buzz - I just wondered why you keep saying CBR has 8 bus stops. Maybe it's the internal bus that has 8 stops which would be convenient anyway (shorter walk). We usually only had one stop before leaving for a park from where we got on and only two stops coming back from a park. So the bus system really isn't THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, CSR is beautiful (only visited, didn't stay) and your pictures are great, but I hate to read the wrong info on resorts especially if I am the one searching. Eight bus stops would definitely scare me away. On that note, any bus stops was too many for me. We will be renting a car next time. Too much time waisted on buses! I was amazed with their transportation systems though. Please don't take offence to my posting as it was just an observation on my part. :)

mx55mom said:
Buzz - I just wondered why you keep saying CBR has 8 bus stops. Maybe it's the internal bus that has 8 stops which would be convenient anyway (shorter walk). We usually only had one stop before leaving for a park from where we got on and only two stops coming back from a park. So the bus system really isn't THAT bad. Don't get me wrong, CSR is beautiful (only visited, didn't stay) and your pictures are great, but I hate to read the wrong info on resorts especially if I am the one searching. Eight bus stops would definitely scare me away. On that note, any bus stops was too many for me. We will be renting a car next time. Too much time waisted on buses! I was amazed with their transportation systems though. Please don't take offence to my posting as it was just an observation on my part. :)
From allearsnet.com

"Buses to and from the theme parks and Downtown Disney make stops at OPR and at all the CBR villages. Some buses begin the CBR loop at Martinique and continue to OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba, and finally Barbados before exiting CBR. Other buses begin at Jamaica and continue to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. An internal bus stops at each village and at OPR and circles the resort twice before leaving."

Sounds like 6 to 8 stops to me. You can't compare the size of the 2. CSR surrounds a 15 acre lake and CBR surrounds a 45 acre lake.

Thanks for the clairification. I didn't even know the internal bus did that! Guess we were lucky as we never did stop that much. :thumbsup2

Thanks to all of you for the great info. CSR was our 1st choice, but with the new family suites, we wanted to get all the info we could. So now I need to make up my mind between the Jr Suite and 2 connecting? rooms. I also need to make those ressies! This board rocks!

Karlise :thumbsup2

WTH?! Is this true? From Mousesavers: As always at Disney World resorts, the suites are not subject to discounts such as those offered to Annual Passholders or Florida residents. :mad:

So I have to pay full price for a suite??? Should I just do 2 connecting rooms instead and hope an AP rate comes out?

Karlise

I was offered a suite at a discount once at CSR because that was the only thing available. But as a rule of thumb, it is usually cheaper to get 2 rooms. If by chance you get offered a discount, take it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter