Help me...I feel like a traitor!

We decided to buy into the DVC so that we could cruise on DCL just about every year. It's worked out great for us. Sure, we have to pay for it for the first 10 years, plus the fees, but on the whole, we'll be getting 40 years of cruises after the intial 10 years for just the fees each year.

And that's a price I can very easily deal with as the first 10 years of cruises pretty much work out at an equal cost and the rest will end up costing us much, much less than rack rate.

WOW:scared1: you must have bought some serious points to be able to cruise yearly with DVC points!!!

No, not at all. We're actually very frugal and not well off. But I can make the eagle on a quarter scream from one of my pinches.

We bought 220 points, which seems like a lot but we've met many people with 400 or more. We're just very frugal and careful, using our points for category 11 cabins. You can make them go so much further that way!

And we won't be able to cruise every single year, but most, so long as we move our points carefully. We got 220 free points for buying, so they were used, along with a few from 2009 to pay for our 2010 cruise. Next year, we're doing two cruises, one at the very beginning and one at the very end of the year, and then nothing in 2012 as we have a commitment to a Girl Scout trip my daughter is taking to Europe. We won't cruise again (boo hoo!) til mid-2013 when we hope to do Alaska.

It can be done if you're very careful. And we actually love the category 11s because we're able to sleep like babies. Plus, there's the added incentive of having to leave the cabin early each day so as not to miss out on outside views. I think we'd be far too lazy with a view; we'd never get out before noon! We're like that......ack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter